• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alamo Four Star: DHR Rail--anyone using?

Cproflow

King of the Shank
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2011
Lyons, Colorado
Just picked this up at MHS last week, in an attempt to allow my Atlas QD mount to move between all rifles. I didn't want to buy another Atlas if I could avoid it. This is for an AE mkiii.

Alamo Four Star: DHR Rail - Mile High Shooting Accessories

After using it for 100 rounds, I'm feeling less than impressed. It tightens by a single set screw, and definitely has play in it--both laterally and a small twist (enough to knock my bubble level out of whack, probably about 1 degree). Every aspect of the AI and Spuhr mount is ass-tight and locked down, but this thing remains suspiciously loose and a bit floppy.

I'm not familiar with the company, and was wondering if anyone else had a similar (or better?) experience.
As an unwelcome bonus...I cannot for the life of me...get the damn thing to come off either. Seriously...I am at a loss.

How does the Atlas spigot system work for you? Can you get it tight like they are on a regular pic rail? That bipod is fantastic on my other rifles. The AI spigot seems much more robust with the Atlas system...it looks like you can sort of screw it in and adjust tension that way. Seems more beefy.

Any thoughts?