• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alamo Precision M40A5 information?

Wolf11B

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2019
Have a trade offer come up, owner wants to trade this Alamo Precision built M40A5, would like thoughts and opinions on this company.
So far I was told it is a McMillan A4 single knob stock, remington 40x actions, Alamo's 1:10 barrel, badger bottom metal, badger EFR, surefire procomp muzzle device. As I was told the muzzle device is incorrect, and that the barrel would have to be cut and profiled to fit on the correct USMC muzzle device. Any help would greatly be apprecitated, thank you! Seller is intersted in doing a partial trade for my MK11 Mod 0 FFP Premier take off I have posted

Last edited:
Alamo Precision seems to have a good following and I've not heard anything bad pop up about them. If you are curious about the build, call em up and ask.

Have a trade offer come up, owner wants to trade this Alamo Precision built M40A5, would like thoughts and opinions on this company.
So far I was told it is a McMillan A4 single knob stock, remington 40x actions, Alamo's 1:10 barrel, badger bottom metal, badger EFR, surefire procomp muzzle device. As I was told the muzzle device is incorrect, and that the barrel would have to be cut and profiled to fit on the correct USMC muzzle device. Any help would greatly be apprecitated, thank you! Seller is intersted in doing a partial trade for my MK11 Mod 0 FFP Premier take off I have posted
The company itself is irrelvant as long as they built him a spec M40A5 which based on the above info already shared w/you, they most certainly did not.

Wrong bbl, wrong twist rate, wrong action (A5s were built on G prefix 700 short actions), wrong EFR (A5s received the first design EFR from PGW), action probably isnt lug-slotted for the correct base, etc.

Also be aware the correct suppresor (Surefire's FA762SS) is out of production and AFAIK, not ever going back into production as SF decommissioned all of the tooling for the legacy line so you'll likely never be able to obtain the correct can (that may or may not matter for you).

He's trying to trade you an M40-inspired build.

That is a good point, found the correct muzzle device but was seeing that those cans are no where to be found, cause if I would do this trade with cash on my end I would want to have the correct can for sure

That is a good point, found the correct muzzle device but was seeing that those cans are no where to be found, cause if I would do this trade with cash on my end I would want to have the correct can for sure
Its not just the muzzle device.

Nothing on that rifle appears to be correct (except maybe the bottom metal, assuming its Badger Ordnance's first design M5 and not the second (enhanced) design). To go from that thing to a to-spec M40A5, you'd be starting from scratch. And doing it in an environment where at least two parts (can, efr) are out of production.

Id pass but your call.

I'd talk to Alamo Precision to see if they actually built the rifle- because there are liars and grifters everywhere.

I ended up passing on it, wasn't worth it to me. I appreciate all the advice and help!