• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alamo Precision Rifle Barreled Actions

Willys46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2007
Oregon City, OR
Not sure if you guys saw this apr-competition-grade-barreled-actions , Alamo Precision Rifles is doing a barreled action with a one week turn around on one of the new Curtis Custom Axiom actions. A custom action, chambered and to your door in around a week? You do not see that every day.

I have been running my Curtis for 6 months now and it has worked great. The new one I just got put together is fully DLC coated and Dang is it nice. The new three lug design has quick short bolt throw, the actions are slick and smooth, and for the price I am not sure you can beat them.

If you are tired of waiting for the 6-8 months the gunsmith or action makers are quoting for actions or a chamber jobs, this is a pretty good deal. Its not often you can have a 1 week turn around for anything around guns or gun smithing.

If you have not heard of Alamo they are out of Texas and have been making some sweet shooting rifles for some time. Some of the groups I have seen these guns shoot are pretty impressive.

Just thought I would share the deal. I know I am not patient and would have jumped on it if it was an option in the past.

Willys46

I've been communicating with them this week about a project. They seem like a good outfit to work with. I'll be mailing them my barrel to be spun up and mated to an Axiom action after they got back with me on the projected turnaround time. Impressive. It's also nice that they are "local" to me.

They are right down the street from me and I sent them an email one day and never heard back from them. I thought about stopping by some time to say but haven't made it over there yet. It would be nice to have a quality place this close.

Alamo Precision is putting together a Defiance Deviant 223 build for me referenced in this thread,
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/forum/...uild-am-i-nuts

They have been very patient and helpful for this newb.
Good people who don't oversell but will build whatever you ask.
If you're DFW local, they're definitely worth stopping by.

Looking forward to the build.

Last edited:
I’ve learned not to get discouraged over having an email or two not responded to with gun smiths, I’ve been working in the DFW area the past two years and decided to go to them to build me a full custom rifle to get me back in the bolt gun game

I gathered up the parts I wanted my rifle built on and stopped buy there and they’ve had all my work since then. They putt up with my typical nit pickey requests and questions and built my rifle ready to go in les than two months.... I’ve had probubly 6 rifles built for me the past 8 years by mike Lou of TBA, RW Snyder, spartan precision and a couple of the other big names on this site and they all did great work but Alamo rifles built my surgeon in far less time and it shoots every bit as good as any other rifle I’ve had with a good fit and finish to it. I stop by there all the time to talk to the guys and pick there brains on their work and they helped me get back connected into finding matches to get back in the game. I was back Home in San Antonio a couple weeks ago and they invited me to come up to Cresson for a match and I woke up late rushed out the door and drove the 4 1/2 hours back up there only to realize I forgot my god damn Ammo..... so Chris just gave me all the match Ammo I needed to do the match and didn’t even ask me to pay him back( I did of course) but I also over torqued my action screws in my surgeon and I stopped by unannounced and they stopped what they were doing and fixed my fuck up on the spot and didn’t even ask to be paid for it!

Anyways sorry for being long winded but they are an outstanding outfit and have been great to me since day one.

so anyways I was just in there today to talk to them about one of there axiom barreled actions that I’ll be getting as soon as I get my expenses from my last project paid back to me to build a second rifle by them.

they have put together 2 338 lm's for me and both are extremely accurate. one proof, one krieger. took a walk around the back last time I was there and their equipment is top notch along with their knowledge. can't recommend them enough. as a side note....they donate multiple rifles to the fort worth sportsmans club which helps youths get into the outdoors in various ways. not a huge deal but they don't have to do it.

.they donate multiple rifles to the fort worth sportsmans club which helps youths get into the outdoors in various ways. not a huge deal but they don't have to do it.

That IS a huge deal. Most gun clubs run on a shoestring budget.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Happy to see this thread pop up. I'm having APR build me a custom LH 223 on a Stiller Tac 30, McMillan A5, and bartlein 20" 1-7.7 twist 5R... I'm very excited to see the final product.

I've talked to Jason on the phone several times during the initial planning and he was helpful and answered all of my questions, never once did he rush me or push me to build something that wasn't exactly what I wanted. He's also been very timely to answer my emails as the build nears completion. APR is also working with me to have my stock shipped to Joe (Stockdoc) to have loggerhead hardware installed, and Jason didn't bat an eye at having to do the extra leg work of communication/arrangement/shipping/etc to get this done for me.

Definitely getting excited to have this rifle in hand!

These guys will be at Defender Outdoors in Fort Worth on Saturday (Oct 14) for their Try Before You Buy event. I am going to try and stop by. Not sure I'll have enough time.

Alamo just rebarreled my Savage, have not shot it yet but the customer service was excellent.