• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Alamo Precision Rifles

Nolanb623

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
Washington
Hey guys are any of you shooting an alamo precision rifle out of their altitude line. Im looking into having one built in a 6.5prc and would like to shoot bergers with it. Im just curious if their tolerances are to short to get a berger close to the lands with the hinged floor plate like some other manufacturers. Thanks guys!

Most of my precision rifles are chambered by Alamo. They do exceptional chambering and shoot lights out. As for their off the shelf rifles it will be SAAMI spec chamber unless you provide your own custom reamer or ask them to add more freebore at an additional charge. Most likely you will have to provide a loaded 6.5 PRC with the bullet seated how you want so they can set the freebore length.

Reactions: Nolanb623
Most of my precision rifles are chambered by Alamo. They do exceptional chambering and shoot lights out. As for their off the shelf rifles it will be SAAMI spec chamber unless you provide your own custom reamer or ask them to add more freebore at an additional charge. Most likely you will have to provide a loaded 6.5 PRC with the bullet seated how you want so they can set the freebore length.
Thanks for your response!

Just one data point, but I just received a Maverick build from them in 6.5 PRC. I had them build mine on a long action, but which you should be able to do on the altitude as well if that isn’t a deal breaker for you.

If no one else chimes in here, your best bet would be to give them a call and talk to them. I’ve talked to Robert over there several times, he could probably tell you right off the cuff if there is enough space in a short action altitude to do what you want. They are pretty helpful/knowledgeable over the phone in my experience.

Reactions: Nolanb623