• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alaska After Action Report - Marc and Frank Show

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

For those following our training exploits

Frank could you please follow up on the glass scope quality vs mirage barrier comment. If I missed it in the podcast I can relisten.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
    man yall hit the nail on the head. Ive have always complained about the cutout on all the shooting benches. Anyways great podcast. keep them coming. hope to one day be bale to attend a AK class, either way ill see you in October at treadpoof. and ill make sure to hide all the pics of my wife so Marc aint looking. lol

• Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    Another great podcast. One comment sparked some thought on my part and I think brought several things into focus.

Marks comment that he was told some very smart dude that with weaponized math he was doping gravity. Ive been using weaponized matth to great success when I find newbies at the range wasting lead trying to hit at 500-600 yards. bring them back to 300 and then work them out to 600 I look like a freakin genius every time! I know Im not a genius but enjoy those moments LOL

3am couldnt sleep realization.......It seems that in addition to gravity the other variable that influences weaponized math is time of flight. Bam I think I get it now how two completly differnet bullets can have the same dope at some ranges as long as time of flight is the same. yet before and after that, the time of light is not the same therefore different DOPE. That led me to the realization that BC is taking all external ballistic influencers into account to predict time of flight thereby predicting elevation and/ or wind holds For some reason i can know visualize wind calls and movers more clearly.

Sooooo am I even close to understnding what I think I understand?

Last edited:
    @Timetoshoot time of flight would be part of gravity's effect on the bullet I think. Because gravity is a constant acceleration towards the planet every second, weaponized math is just dope on gravity and your making it more complicated than it needs to be. The Oehler 89 is said to use initial velocity and ToF to calculate custom BC so what your talking about is roughly the same thing. I’m not a Subject matter expert though, it’s just my opinion.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    Data book vs computer

I use both. However, the act of manually recording information and physically seeing it on paper fits my method of retention and learning better than seeing the information on a computer screen. I once read an article that people born prior to the "computer age" actually learn better from reading a sheet of paper compared to reading the exact same information on a computer monitor. I suppose the same can be said for viewing the information on a handheld device.

Also, the act of organizing data (placing this behind a particular tab in a particular order) allows me to 1) become intimate with the data and the relationships that exist. 2) Tailor the hierarchy of the book in such a way that is intuitive to my way of thinking.

I will admit, the ability to carry around a phone that fits in a pants/shirt pocket is convenient and i a great way for quick affirmation or reference is convenient and my go to. However, for learning, I use data collection and structured organization. So in a nutshell of my individual methodologies.................. apps = referencing, data book = learning.