• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alaska incumbent Rep. Mary Peltola wins full term to represent state's at-large congressional district

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Pay attention... When I am in a group of people, having a discussion that people can't understand... I often use the term "Tribal".
In this case, it appears that the tribe has voted in one of their members. Obviously in listening to Sarah Palin she does not understand "Tribal"... The "Tribe" will be a force to recon with. History repeating.

Incumbent Alaska Democratic Rep. Mary Peltola has defeated her general election challengers including former Gov. Sarah Palin to represent Alaska's at-large congressional district for a full term in the House, The Associated Press projects.
Alaska's sole congressional district is currently represented by Democrat Rep. Mary Peltola after she won a special election in August to fill the remainder of former GOP Rep. Don Young's term, which ends in January 2023.

Not surprising at all after living up there for 12 years throughout the state. It's a purple state at heart as long as you don't attack gun rights....

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I just don't feel we run the right Republicans for purple states. Sarah Palin would probably be safer running in Idaho, and even then some would be reluctant to vote for her.

I just don't feel we run the right Republicans for purple states. Sarah Palin would probably be safer running in Idaho, and even then some would be reluctant to vote for her.
Absolutely spot on. Alaskans don't forget when Palin was governor and went toe to toe with big oil and caused gas prices to go up 50 cents a gallon either....

Reactions: LilGucci
Here is the problem... The "Right" people would not touch the Political Arena with a 10' pole.
Can you blame them ?
What motivates a person to be a "Career Politician"?
Exactly. Regular people serving a term or two and then going home as intended by the framers of our nation has been bastardized by the career politician and not one of them from any party is on your side above keeping their spot at the trough.

Yes and no. The same people are counting the votes for governor too.
Governor = former SoS who brought in the Dominion machines. Lots of shenanigans by Rs and Ds in GA last 6 years or so

GA has open primaries - the Ds chose the Republican candidates in the primary

Reactions: NoDopes
The sad thing is that Mary Peltola, who is as liberal as they come, ran a very clean, family oriented campaign. The two conservatives ran very negative campaigns, and basically acted like spoiled entitled children.
Anyone that voted with out looking at the issues and just goes by adds and what they see in the media was going to vote for her just because of the type of campaign she ran.

Very easy to controll an election with ranked choice. So much money to push 2 republicans and then crush them with controlling the secondary choices.
Don't even need fake ballots like AZ.

The sad thing is that Mary Peltola, who is as liberal as they come, ran a very clean, family oriented campaign. The two conservatives ran very negative campaigns, and basically acted like spoiled entitled children.
Anyone that voted with out looking at the issues and just goes by adds and what they see in the media was going to vote for her just because of the type of campaign she ran.
Agreed. I used to work with 1 of 3 ex-husbands out in the bush, met her a few times. She’s super nice, and seems like a more moderate democrat, which a lot of people are craving. Yet she’ll vote party lines based on her history, it’s going to be sad watching her sell her people down the river.