• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Alberta Mule Deer steaks.

chucknelson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Alberta
My wife drew a Mule Deer tag this year and so that was the primary focus for the season. After putting the buck we wanted to bed we picked him up again in the morning. As always the big ones keep themselves well positioned but after 2.5-3 miles of stalking over hill and dale with our oldest (7yrs) in tow she connected with a perfect 318 yard quartering away shot off the sticks. He was lucky to make it 10 yards.

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3436-1.jpg

Re: Alberta Mule Deer steaks.

nice deer. What is the specs on the round used?

Congrats to your wife on a very nice buck and a great shot.

Wow! He is a pig for sure!! I killed a nice muley in Alberta. Funny the outfitter told me they don't eat Mule Deer! They gave the meat away to a religious group that resides in the area.

I asked him why and he told me that it tasted terrible!! I wouldn't know as that was my first Mule Deer ever, so I took his word for it.

It appears your wife's scored a little better than mine, he is a beauty for sure!!