• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alcohol and online shopping..... your worst purchase

1629774651975.png

Some of my worst bourbon purchases while sitting in hotels traveling have honestly been my best considering the past few yrs... I tend to over order when drinking. So I'm good for a few yrs on supplies🤣

Reactions: deersniper
In 2001, won an auction on Gun Broker for a Rem Euro 11- 96 shotgun while dead drunk, was alerted 5 days later I need to pay. I must have been bumping the reserve and succeeded.
I mean fuck here, I was one of 5 in the US to own one of these POS. Almost had to give away the equally as big of a POS 11-87 I had owned, my judgement was clouded, lol

Reactions: Bender
Bike was great but...............................I live 12 miles from anything resembling a decent road.:oops:

Glide don't like deep sand☹️

🤣

04 Harley.jpg

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Purchased several guns off of Gunbroker while the Oxycodone was flowing through my veins. Fortunately, I've kinda liked all of them when I sobered up and they came.

I was one of the lucky ones...my .mil doctors realized that they had me on a steady stream of prescription narcs after the 11 month mark...wished they'd figured that out at the 9 month mark when my liver enzymes were 3x what they should have been (Acetaminophen in every pill). So I got straight Oxycodone for the next two.

And they wonder why I don't trust them.

Still have my cool guns though. Every time I hold one I remember being high as fuck when I bought it. Here's the last one (2014).

20210505_191954.jpg

Does Ambien count? I bought a set of Bare Knuckles guitar pickups for $300 a few years back. I guess that could've been much worse. I never stayed up on Ambien, again. It was straight to bed, after that.

• Haha
Reactions: Milo 2.5
I've bought a couple $1500ish items while cruising the web and bourbon. No regrets.

Buddy of mine was cruising the web and bourbon one evening and screwed up on Gunbroker. Ended up with not only 1 but 2 $4000+ commemorative lever guns. He tries to keep it to only one auction at a time these days. I believe it paid off and he sold 1 of those on GB and paid for 1/2 of the one he kept.

Y'all bought some pretty easy things to hide/transport/resell. I needed a few windows (4) for a small addition onto my dining/kitchen area... so
I bought a good portion of the window pack for this building.
I may have realized the breadth of my optimism when the first pallet loaded on the first 53' trailer had the rear tires of a 12k lb reach fork about 5ft off the ground. Apparently 9ft x 8ft hurricane rated semi-curtain wall windows are not typically installed by one person?

1629840723748.png

Not as good as some. But I had 4 cases of 22lr show up instead of the 1 I ordered. I wasn't upset as we shot it up anyway. But explaining to the wife why I had 20,000 rounds of 22lr show up was fun.

Kept bidding at an online auction with a soft close… bought a 1885 silver dollar minted in Carson City that had been slabbed MS63… it was a hole in collection, and it is beautiful… but I would not normally drop that much coin on a coin.

Reactions: BLEE
Not me.... I was selling my motorcycle on ebay..... Suddenly get the cash register sound. WOOHOO!!! Two days go by, no payment. Finally, get a contact from him.....Sorry, I was drunk and bought your bike. They wife found out.... Sorry..... Finally sold it elsewhere.