• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alice frame mod

ocherp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
I'm trying to find a shorter version of the regular alice frame, lets just say that I'm vertically challenged and am tired of having that damn kidney pad against my ass, lol. Does anyone who if there's anyone out there that makes or o offers "shorter" versions of the frame? I have the TT Version 3 ruck. Thanks.

Re: Alice frame mod

I have never seen shorter versions of the frame. I have seen an aftermarket set of shoulder straps that allowed the straps to be lowered from the top of the frame. This allowed the user to raise the pack up their back.

Basically it allowed the user to wear the pack higher.

I tried searching but couldn't find them. If I find them Ill let you know.

My only suggestion would be sell the thing and got a modern internal frame pack (Kifaru, Eberlestock, etc.) I hated humping those packs around, and no matter how I adjusted them they would always rub me raw in at least one location. There are MUCH better options out there. If it floats your boat then by all means keep it, some guys really like the old-fashioned stuff...

I wouldn't mind checking out the Kifaru stuff but for the price I would definitely want to see it in person before putting that kind of money up front.

I do, even though I have a Kifaru Navigator in addition to an alice large.

I had a problem with the frame of my CFP-90, and the frame would flex on me, and eventually the POS broke. After a Burial in Dumpster, I went back to using my alice(back when there was a choice).

see, yall are goin at it all wrong. get yerself a plaster stock (of either varmint or ninjer sniper persuasion) and simply 550 yer plugger pouch to the right side of that stock. add a biathlon sling by takin yer alice frame straps and modding them with some simple webbing and buckles from wallys and shazam! yer rifle is yer ruck and ifn all yer crap dont fit in that bad boy man up and leave some shit at home or carry a purse you woman.

Put it on a MR NICE frame and be done with it if you are married to the pack. The NICE is ALICE compatible. You can easily adjust the torso length to fit you as well as custom order the belt for your girth.

EDIT TO ADD: I see you are in CO. Maybe you can take a look at my NICE if you need to locally some time.

Kifaru is well woth the money , got 2 different models that you can peruse if you like .

Luke: Thanks for the heads up about Kifaru, I didn't know they were local, will definitely check them out.

_9H: Which NICE pack do you have? That 7500 looks like a contender. Never heard of them before, but they definitely look well thought out.

Thanks for all the input guys, looking for some new gear to take to Afghan with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kifaru Headquarters is located over near I-70 and Ward Rd. if you wanted to go try something on.
</div></div>

+1 on the Kifaru. I've had one for 4 years now, and it's a beast of a ruck. Never failed at all.

If you're set on Kifaru, then send me a PM, and I'll help you pick out a good one based on your needs.

Save yourself the grief and aggravation; I am a cheap guy and I tried for many years with the Alice pack. I got my first Kifaru 5 years ago, I now have (2)MMR, ZXR, Navigator, (2)Pointman, Express, Zulu, Marauder and E&E, not to mention the pouches and other accessories. I never had a problem with any of my Kifaru gear and I run them hard. Poor quality and ill-fitting gear only adds to your misery and disappointment when you need dependable gear. The down side to Kifaru type gear is you need the income to get it unless Uncle Sam is getting you whatever you want or need. You can find good deals every now and then if you keep looking (EBay, Kifaru Trading post or on this site) I have been in the Afghanistan area going on 3 years and use my Kifaru gear every day with no problems at all. (I paid for all of my gear) You can’t go wrong with Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Eberlestock, etc. or with any of the quality recommended packs, stick to the old Alice stuff and you will always suffer.