• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Alignment help

Scottso

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 23, 2006
Long Island, NY
Ok, got the front rail for my PVS27, Gap in an AICS AX chassis, 20 moa mount. The bell of scope, S&B PMII 3-20x50, rings Badger highs @ 1.375”, hits the front rail, the flared area at very end of bell. Question one, what’s best way to try to align better and get bell off rail? Highest rings I can find are 1.5” so gain of about an eighth of an inch approximately. Change scope base? 20 moa Badger , to 0 moa cant, would it bring bell up an eighth of an inch as slant from rear to front is approx an 1/8th”lower than rear?
I understand alignment is not key on these, but would love to get close, and get that ring on the bell off rail
Suggestions,welcomed

Attachments

• 647DE08F-76D8-46B1-96DC-6FEBA8872E8C.jpeg
    647DE08F-76D8-46B1-96DC-6FEBA8872E8C.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 80
  • C8ED7CBA-D4FB-405D-AA05-862200A4D2BA.jpeg
    C8ED7CBA-D4FB-405D-AA05-862200A4D2BA.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 71
  • CA2594D4-930F-4304-9A2B-BBB82CF13549.jpeg
    CA2594D4-930F-4304-9A2B-BBB82CF13549.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 72
Ok, got the front rail for my PVS27, Gap in an AICS AX chassis, 20 moa mount. The bell of scope, S&B PMII 3-20x50, rings Badger highs @ 1.375”, hits the front rail, the flared area at very end of bell. Question one, what’s best way to try to align better and get bell off rail? Highest rings I can find are 1.5” so gain of about an eighth of an inch approximately. Change scope base? 20 moa Badger , to 0 moa cant, would it bring bell up an eighth of an inch as slant from rear to front is approx an 1/8th”lower than rear?
I understand alignment is not key on these, but would love to get close, and get that ring on the bell off rail
Suggestions,welcomed

If the scope is actually tocuhing the rail, do get the 1..93" rings How does the image look through the glass is the bottom line though. These units from the factory are colimated amazingly well, so I would not worry too much it "looks better" in those instances.

Reactions: Scottso
Thank you Sir, still need to get bell off of the rail, tallest scope rings I’ve found are 1.5” which should bring bell off rail, that’s my major concern, hear alignment does not need to be spot on, appreciate reply
As far as looking through need to wait for nightfall👍🏻 Lol

I don’t think your action rail is the correct one for use with that chassis

Just saw these, but cannot find actual height, put call in to europtic they’re gonna measure for me, Badger is .45 at rear, drops to .375 at front, if the AI piece is taller would work, and change rings from 1.375 to 1.49 badgers. I think 1.93 would work, only thing is I have heard and had issues with the S&B and eye relief in a Spuhr I bought with rifle, that’s why I went to rings over mount, always paint myself into a corner lol
Thanks

Reactions: deersniper
Called AI directly, gentleman was able to find one and measure for me, rear is .78, front is .65” so quite the height difference, gonna order one now
Appreciate the assistance 👍🏻

Reactions: deersniper
You •should• be able to get by with your 1.375 rings fwiw. I used them on an AX with a 4-16x50 atacr and a LWTS for a wile

Reactions: Scottso
Called AI directly, gentleman was able to find one and measure for me, rear is .78, front is .65” so quite the height difference, gonna order one now
Appreciate the assistance 👍🏻
did u get the new base? if so, any pics of the fitment? im looking for a base for my same set up.