• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All Hail the New Dr Who

BCP

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Dec 4, 2008
    AZ: Land of wind, dirt and angry old people

Actor Ncuti Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker as the star of Doctor Who, the BBC has announced.
    The 29-year-old will become the 14th Time Lord on the popular science fiction show, and the first person of colour to play the lead role.
    Scottish actor Gatwa, who was born in Rwanda, is best known for starring in Netflix's sitcom Sex Education.

who.jpg

Anyone wanna take bets on what the next Dr will be a year or two from now?

I’m not at all familiar with this series or actor but the way most of these new shows are now today I’ll say in a year he will be like an old Aerosmith song…Dude looks like a lady.

Reactions: Bender and FWoo45
    I use to be a big doctor who fan hence my username but now I can honestly say i don’t care. I grew up watching Tom Baker and got back into it later but lost interest once Capaldi took over as I could see the quality was dismal. Then they cast a female doctor and now a black doctor. They are just trying to hype up a show that has lost its way. Who cares anymore…?

Won't watch it . Fuck the BBC and their woke bullshit. Watched tons of Doctor Who, over the years.
    The Doctor is a white British male and always should be. With a good looking female side kick.
    The leftists keep gender bending and race baiting the primary demographic for Sci fi shows and movies.
    When that demographic doesn't respond with enthusiasm and the rating suck ass .
    They blame the white guys for being racist or misogynists, or both.
    Bet this version of Doctor Who sucks ,Just as bad as the female version.
    This Black Doctor Who is just another woke in your face insult to the fan base.

Reactions: Stugots
    I watched the show in the 80's with my stepdad. Never watched it since, so I have no idea what's been going on the last 30 years.

Amazing that a show with the same plot can go on for so many years. What does that really say about the audience?

To me Dr Who will always be a skinny doofy british guy.

Woman Dr Who was trash, now this guy will be trash too, because they are fucking with a 60 year old formula for Wokeness and not because those actors fit the part.

Amazing that a show with the same plot can go on for so many years.

Ever watch sports?

I haven't watched a TV in so many years aside from catching the news at a doctors appointment or at night when the wife is watching something before bed on netflix. Don't miss it either. Everything on it is some form of woke garbage or propaganda.

Sometimes I can watch a good movie, otherwise I'll get up and just go do something else. That sitting in one place for too long thing bothers me.

Reactions: NoDopes
    British TV is even worse than American networks when it comes to wokeness. I can't believe it. I was watching reruns of my two favorite TV mystery series (from BBC), "Endeavour" and "Inspector Lewis" during the lockdown. If you pay close attention to the broadcasts, you'll notice that there is more interracial marriage implied in Oxford than the demographics could ever set possible.

I actually looked it up; the Oxford population (where the two TV series are based) has a TOTAL black population of 6.2% (that includes what the Oxford City Census claims as "half-white/half-black"), yet of the 7 British White people cast in an episode of Inspector Lewis as having (had) a spouse/mate as part of the plot, FIVE of these 7 people had black spouses. In another episode of Endeavor, of 6 people who were cast with a spouse or mate, 4 ostensibly chose black mates. It's a wonder it took so long for Dr. Who to change color. FUCK.

Th'only good things about the Masterpiece Series of mysteries is that they are less graphic, violent, and are usually more cerebral, and they have no Hollywood-fantasy negroid Americans portrayed in their commercials (only because the BBC series is available on disc without commercials).

by the way... if you think I'm being a racis' here, my last name ends in "...O-N-G" and rhymes with Fong. Yeah. My peoples is all not white and not black.

Last edited:
    The last actor they had playing the role of the doctor, along with their woke gender B.S. and having her wear a rainbow flag on her outfit all the time, pretty much ruined the show, that's when I stopped watching.
    This new actor is simply going to put it deeper in the ground as they go all in on woke race B.S.

The most stupid thing is that they had an amazing secondary character already that just happened to be also gay and transgender and such but nope they had to stupidly kill them off for no good reason right before they nosedived into woke abomination.

Funny enough the show this new "lead" is famous for playing in, was a netflix show that like many, tanked hard after they went all woke militant transgender B.S.

Reactions: BCP
    Two out of 5 of my (male) cousins in the UK have, well, interracial relationships, and I've seen a bunch of it even out in Wales where minorities are truly in the minority. Two others are in same-race marriages, and one to another guy.

They may be a minority but from my experience it's more common than you would expect.

.. and, no, I do not support it. I stay out of it. I don't care what people choose as long as it doesn't impact me.
    I "stay out of it", too. So long as folks don't wave their righteous interracial-marriage or sexual preference in my face, I don't give a damn; aint none of my business, and it doesn't affect me personally. Hell, MY marriage is interracial.

But I wonder (in a semantics way) at your definition of 'interracial'. I should have put mine in quotes like this-- by "interracial" marriage-- I meant strictly black + white household portrayals on BBC TV. "Interracial" as I use it, being a euphemism that excludes "Asians" (to include non-Orient races-- i. e., Middle-Eastern and Indian) and denotes strictly black and white BBC-portrayed couples (the theoretical television majority minority marriages). In my experience, having lived in the San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley for 53 years, I can't count how many truly interracial marriages I knew of (lost count at 12); BUT. Of at least 40 couples (as I look through my Rolodex) there is only one black + white couple and like the "new" demographic, he split as soon as the child was born back in ~1978. "One" is probably a measure or indicator of how dichotomous the "African"-American culture is when melded with "white" (i. e., "European" -American), Asian, and Latino -American cultures here. All that to say...

2 out of 5 ain't close to 5 out of 7 and 4 out of 6, and I wonder it that black/white couple commonality is as "Oxford" as portrayed. The last Commissioner Loeb and the last Felix Leiter were an annoying stretch, too. On the other hand, the Eichelberger clan must have been severely disappointed with their pitcher, Juan. Yeow.

Last edited:
    So basically:
    462102476-blazing-saddles-no-golblamit.jpg

ETA: When the latest version of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie came out I was irritated that they made Ford Prefect black. Not because of black particularly but because in the book he's described as a ginger. In the TV series I was irritated that they made Trillian into a ditzy blonde when she was supposed to be vaguely Arabic looking. Random changing of character description to pander is insulting as hell to an author's art.

He's 29!? So going from playing a gay high school student, to Dr Who.

I've only seen some of the earliest ones and thought it was so bad, but would watch for a spell because of that.

David Tenant and Matt Smith did great as the Doctor. Favorite modern Dr was Matt Smith. The story arch with Amy and Rory was my favorite.

Capaldi did OK in my book. Once Stephen Moffitt quit as the show runner, it went into the shitter.

The female SJW doctor made me walk away and not look back

Which is too bad, since I raised my kids as a single father watching Dr Who and eating ice cream.

David Tenant and Matt Smith did great as the Doctor. Favorite modern Dr was Matt Smith. The story arch with Amy and Rory was my favorite.

Capaldi did OK in my book. Once Stephen Moffitt quit as the show runner, it went into the shitter.

Which is too bad, since I raised my kids as a single father watching Dr Who and eating ice cream.
    Matt Smith and Amy get my vote....

The first few episodes without Moffatt are when I bailed. I liked Capaldi, too, but the writing just went to shit.

Amy was my favorite since I have a weakness for tall redheads, but Clara was awesome too. I would have loved to have seen them do more with the War Doctor.