• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All I want for christmas is M40rifle.com back :(

Most of that info is here somewhere, isn’t it?

Looking for something in particular?

This right here ^^^

The M40 Rifle forum had some good information, but pretty much everything on that site can be found here. I've even started posting more M40xx information and photos on this forum, and some of it is stuff that was never posted on the other forum. Sniper's Hide is becoming the archive for all sniper rifle information, both US military and foreign. This forum also has 1,000x the number of members and subject matter experts on it. Even at it's peak, the M40 forum barely had any registered users and even less people who would actually contribute pics/info to the discussions. It was a great concept, but the forum was too niche to ever succeed.

Sniper's Hide has a huge membership, a ridiculous amount of subject matter experts, and this forum is constantly growing/expanding. This is an amazing archive of information, and new stuff is being added daily. If you're trying to find information, you can search existing threads on this forum, or just start a thread and ask about whatever.

A friend of mine is also currently setting up a forum site that documents all US military rifles! When it's complete, that site will be an amazing resource for people to use! I've been asked to help with it and I'm giving the site owner permission to use a ton of my personal photographs of rifles/parts that are in my collection. We're still trying to collect all of the photos/information for everything, and we're discussing how to operate the site. It's set up as a forum, but he might have it as a "read only" for members who join the forum, and only give special permissions to edit stuff to a few experts on each topic (for example, I'd have permissions to edit all of the M40 sections). I have no idea when or if I'll ever finish my damn book, there's so many photographs that I still need, so it's a good idea for me to post a ridiculous amount of my information in a single place online. This site isn't ready to view, but one of us will let you guys know when it's done.

So, compared to what was posted over on the M40 forum, there's infinitely more information on this forum and other forums. And there's more information being posted all the time! Are you looking for anything in particular? If there's something you need, I'm sure someone on here can help out, just ask.