• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All my posts back to 2010 are gone. Or I can't find them.

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
Chronological order of the site appears to be off as well. Whatever has happened I can't find anything I posted in the last 2 years.

When I click on my recent activity the first post is 2010.

Same here I can not really locate my post from this week any where, also trying to sort out the PM messages (new style)

I lost about 800 posts on my total post count. PMs on a S&B scope I just bought and deal not complete have been deleted. I can't find a F@#Kn thing here, can't read an entire thread, and just don't know if I have time to stick around and figure this sh*t out.

I feel your pain, but Frank did post about this upgrade a while back though. I'm not that active, but I could understand frustration. I always like to deal via texts or e-mail after the initial PM connection though.

I would hope there is a fix to this, because a lot of that stuff is really time consuming, so it's not like a working person can just say, "I'll spend 30 days putting posts back together from memory" haha Here I'll go find 150 photograph links and 50 video links....

I believe company policy is like or leave it.

Those posts didn't migrate over and probably never will.
Lots of posts have formatting errors due to system differences, BFD.

It is what it is. And what it is is free. See company policy above.

I have I stated, there is no evidence the posts are missing, what happened is the search / post indexing locked up, so the board never finished indexing the data. If you bothered to look we clearly brought 2m + posts over, so the odds of those only being 2 years old are slim to none.

Its a continuing process, we have to shut the board down and try re-indexing.

If they never show up, I really don't care, we'll close down and re-index, then see what happens it either will or will not work. Such is life.

As far as paying for your account. You paid for last year, you got that in full with no promise to keep your threads moving forward. There is no guarantee to secure your data for any amount of time. If you can't understand the need we had to move, the size of the task we undertook, or the risks to the posts in the process. well I call that selfish. As this is the new year and everyone needs to renew you are welcome to decline. The choice as always is yours to make. As you run a business so do I and pruning threads and managing the health of the board is mine. We routinely prune threads as the amount of space we occupy is limited.

But nothing suggests they are gone just out of order. However we don't know that 100% yet. It's only been 48 hours, work continues.