• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All of this political theater makes my nervous to better myself.

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
Long story short is that I am a mid-30s guy, living debt free as an advanced level EMS provider. I fell in love with medicine and I am now thinking about med school. This is going to tie me up into my 40's and cause me to go into serious debt. Currently I am free of all responsibility and I love the ability to just drop everything and go to a different state if NY goes full retard (again). The only reason I haven't is because I have a house and land, and it has been in my family for generations.

But all of this yelling and screaming and political bullshit makes it seem like social and maybe even economic instability may be highly likely, and very widespread. Now I am super nervous to make such a large life decision that would tie me up.

I dunno... just rambling because going 200k into the hole is scary as hell.

Long story short is that I am a mid-30s guy, living debt free as an advanced level EMS provider. I fell in love with medicine and I am now thinking about med school. This is going to tie me up into my 40's and cause me to go into serious debt. Currently I am free of all responsibility and I love the ability to just drop everything and go to a different state if NY goes full retard (again). The only reason I haven't is because I have a house and land, and it has been in my family for generations.

But all of this yelling and screaming and political bullshit makes it seem like social and maybe even economic instability may be highly likely, and very widespread. Now I am super nervous to make such a large life decision that would tie me up.

I dunno... just rambling because going 200k into the hole is scary as hell.

Go with your gut. 200k in the hole and no where to go ain't the worst place you could be. The shit you learn might well save lives one day, too, or at the very least, make some pharma sales guy a big commission.

Come out to the western part of Nd or eastern part of My. There are hospitals out here that are in need of people. Lots of growth and opportunities. That and lots of room to shoot at distances.

Best bet would be to leave Ny beforw it gets to retarded out there. There must be a family member that would buy your place.

You think your freedom loving ancestors want you tied to serfdom just because you were born with some land attached to your name? I don't want to offend you, but I think they'd be rolling in their graves.

This is still America right? I say sell, move to a freedom friendly state, rent and save till you can buy another place. That sounds near enough to the American dream...

Been there, done it. Great skills. Work anywhere. Good living. But the debt is tough to swallow. Ultimately I felt (and feel now as well despite loans coming due) that it was worth it. I graduated last year so I'm not so far removed from the situation.

Reactions: oneshot86