• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All working Oregonians paycheck to be reduced by 1%

Fuck Oregon.

1672692535935.png

Meanwhile, my company shifted from ‘pto’ to ‘fto.’ I no longer accrue time off, and don’t get paid for unused time off at ‘time of separation.’ But time off is no longer stringently tracked and I take what I ‘feel I need.’

My brain says this is ripe for abuse. But, statistics say that Americans take less time off when it’s not ‘use it or lose it…’

I did get a check for unused pto when the co made the switch.

Despite Portland/Multnomah County area, Oregon as a whole held onto most sanity through the years I've been here (42 years), but now it appears to be going off the rails for good (see recent "gun laws" and this "leave" shit). Sad that I have to rethink my residence.

Reactions: LilGucci
Meanwhile, my company shifted from ‘pto’ to ‘fto.’ I no longer accrue time off, and don’t get paid for unused time off at ‘time of separation.’ But time off is no longer stringently tracked and I take what I ‘feel I need.’

My brain says this is ripe for abuse. But, statistics say that Americans take less time off when it’s not ‘use it or lose it…’

I did get a check for unused pto when the co made the switch.

I worked for 1 year for a company that had a time off policy like this. I took more time off that year than any other year I ever worked. I hated the fucking company. How I got employed there is a long stupid story, but I did enjoy the roughly 6 weeks I took off that year.

I would advise you to push the limits to the point that someone questions how much time you are taking. I thought I was doing that, but no one ever said a word to me, my lesson learned was I didn't push it enough.

Reactions: BurtG
This is no different than credit card thieves making a $2.00 purchase first to test the card before going in and spending it right up to the limit if the test purchase goes through. If nobody reacts to this 1%, they will take MUCH higher amounts very shortly. And Oregon is one of the hotbeds of credit card theft and identity theft. It looks like they learned an awful lot from the scumbags that are routinely passing through their jail systems being caught and paroled over and over again...

Up to 12weeks paid leave every year via 1% tax I don’t believe the government will be that efficient with the money lol. Program will go broke.
reading the fine print, it looks like you get roughly 50% of your normal pay
and
you have to have a covered reason, either your health or your family's health, etc, so I see a written doctors note as being needed.

Sounds like a lose lose lose for all involved.

reading the fine print, it looks like you get roughly 50% of your normal pay
and
you have to have a covered reason, either your health or your family's health, etc, so I see a written doctors note as being needed.

Sounds like a lose lose lose for all involved.
How is this different than FMLA?

I worked for 1 year for a company that had a time off policy like this. I took more time off that year than any other year I ever worked. I hated the fucking company. How I got employed there is a long stupid story, but I did enjoy the roughly 6 weeks I took off that year.

I would advise you to push the limits to the point that someone questions how much time you are taking. I thought I was doing that, but no one ever said a word to me, my lesson learned was I didn't push it enough.
I quite enjoy the company I work for, though I do take the ‘fto’ I need. Before the change it was both possible and common to go into ‘pto debt.’

That said, the employee/employer relationship is mutually patasitic. Each needs, and feeds off, the other. Both are free to end the relationship when it proves beneficial to do so.

Got you. For some reason I thought FMLA was paid for, but I guess it means you just keep your gig.

I have had a couple of employees over the years use FMLA and PTO to effectively turn a full time into a part time job. I guess they didn't need the money. They would FMLA any random day or days they wanted off, statistically most of these days were on a Friday or a Monday (I tracked the 12 weeks for them on my own)

Any PTO time they accrued, they would never use while off for FMLA, they took the 12 weeks FMLA without pay, then took additional time off using PTO

Lazy ass people will find the best ways to abuse this newfound time off with pay

Time off is only a benefit if it is used. Any pto that expires is either time off that you could have taken, or salary that you could have taken. People that maximize their time off are not lazy, they are smart. Employers that don’t want their employees to take time off should not offer time off. Though, they may not be able to attract employees.