• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alliant AR-Comp

poke5353

Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Central Arkansas
I recently purchased some ar comp to try in my ar's. I have loaded several different loads for 75gr hordany bthp, 69gr smk, and 68gr hornady bthp. Infant get anything to group better than 1.5" at 100. I loaded from .9gr below max to .6gr above max on each of these with poor results. I am shooting them out of a 24" stag 1/8 twist 5.56 barrel alone with a white oak armament 1/7 twist 223 barrel. Anyone else having issues getting this stuff to group? I am loading it to 2.26"

Re: Alliant AR-Comp

I take it the repeat of the OCW didn't go well.
Let's talk about an accuracy standard for your two uppers. Do you have one?
Have you tried any premium factory ammo in these uppers? I suggest you find a box of BH 75 BTHP, a box of hornady TAP 60 gr (I find this to be a "go to" load in most ARs), and maybe some FGMM 69 gr.
Also, have you tried other powders?
While I haven't gotten the top velocities I have gotten good results with IMR 8208XBR. For top speed try AA2520.

Yes I repeated with unacceptable results. I would like .75 moa out of each of these uppers. I know I am capable of doing it but I haven't found the right combo yet.

The weird thing is that both these rifles shoot better with repeated fire compared to allowing the barrel to cool before shooting the next round. Any opinion on this. Both barrels have less than 200rds through them.