• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alliant Powder Availability

Hawk in WY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2013
Jackson Hole, WY
I was searching for information on Alliant powder supply and most posts are from 2020 even on here. Has everyone given up?

Aside from Reloder 16 very recently and a few pistol powders, nothing!

I understand these powders are made in Australia. Any reason for hope?

May have to find a replacement for Reloder 26.

I have seen some Alliant at Powder Valley (not 26), most of it disappears immediately! For the most part Alliant is one of the harder ones to find, been looking for Reloder 7 for the last 3 years of the pandemic.

The price of Alliant powders is much higher than any others around here, even Vitahvouri, which used to be the highest by far. I won't be using them until they come down to Earth again, (or close to the other companies prices).

Last edited:
Reactions: Holliday
I wouldnt expect to see powder prices to drop, just buy as much as you can at todays prices before they go up again tomorrow.

Reactions: Im2bent
It’s like bourbon. Do you want the cheap stuff that will get you to the same place? Or do you want that great taste that cost more.

I prefer RL15 for my .308 loading. So I buy cheaper powder for my .223 and then make the pig noise when powder valley gets RL15 in stock.

Reactions: simonp