• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alliant Power Pro Varmit

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Anyone had a chance to try this powder? It is very comparable to Varget as far as velocity per grain weight. I bought 2 lbs to try in my 30-30 with some Sierra 125gr hollow points and the 160gr Lever Evolution bullets. It is a very small spherical powder that takes up a hell of a lot less case capacity that Varget does. The thing I noticed on Alliant's website is they do not publish any pressures so I was leary to load any right at and above max. I am considering running some behind my 155 Amax's in my 308 also. Absolutely no load data is available except for Vermin calibers up to 243 and the 30-30. Also not sure on the temp sensitivity either. I have the 125s loaded for testing but will not get the chance to try them out for a week or so. Anyone got any info on this?

Re: Alliant Power Pro Varmit

Not sure where the Varmint lands exacly, but most days folks compare RL15 to Varget, and the NEW RL15-ish powder is AR COMP by Alliant. They say specifically that it is the new and improved RL15 "replacement" I have not tried any of it, but it seems as though it might be worth a try.

Hey Rob01, have you tried any of this new powder yet?
smile.gif

Good shooting,
Gary

I was surprised how similar some of the load data is with Varget. The velocity they published for their 30-30 loads is impressive. I am looking forward to some experimenting with this. There is just a shit load of room left in my 30-30 cases with a half grain under published max!

Anyone done any work with this powder? I haven't been able to play around with it at all as work and school have had me busy as hell.