• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Alliant Power Pro Varmit

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Anyone have any experience with this powder? I bought 2 lbs to use in my 30-30 with 125gr Sierra HPs. It is a small spherical powder that is very similar to varget as far as velocity per grain weight. Advantage I seen was it takes up a hell of a lot less case capacity than Varget does. Alliant does not post any pressure info on their site so I was cautious to load to max. Also not sure on the temp sensitivity either. I plan to try it with 155 Amaxs in my 308 in the near future. I will not have a chance to play with the 30-30 for a week or so but will post some feedback when I do. Has anyone used this powder and what were your findings? Thanks

Re: Alliant Power Pro Varmit

Accidental duplicate of the post in the reloading section. Blackberry is all jacked up and froze on me. My bad fellas

Re: Alliant Power Pro Varmit

See the post in the reloading section. I didnt mean to post this here. My blackberry froze up right when I clicked submit to my first post in the reloading section then when I powered it back up I accidently clicked on the Range Report forum and thought it did not submit. Thats what I get for dicking around with it at work. lol