• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alliant reloader 19

woogie_man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Fargo, ND
Has anyone had any luck with this powder? Looking at building up some rounds for the 6.5 creedmoor using some hornady 143 eld-x bullets. Having issues finding any oh the 4350 powder, so was told this may be a suitable alternative.

Any thoughts or ideas

Have been looking and I see that, though have been looking at local places. Was shocked to see the hazard price in a single 1# bottle. If needed I will have to get with some shooting buddies here and make a large order

Hazmat is a flat fee regardless if you order 1lb or 1 box of primers up to 48 lbs I believe

I find that 16 to 24 lbs (2-3 8 lb kegs) typical makes the hazard fee more palatable... But certainly understand you wouldn’t want that quantity with unknown powders.

Yeah. Not many people o know reload much. Have a buddy who may need some, so I may be able to sneak in a barrel or two.

But locally everywhere seems to have the alliant powder consistantly

Local store just got in a shipment of powder....able to grab a pound of the 4350.

Now for a load.......

The RL16 and IMR4451 will also work if other powders are hard to find
The H4350 is first and the RL16 would be a close second.
The RL19 is a little slow and is sensitive to temp. change.

Have been seeing both good and bad about the rl19, I do have some 129 grain hornady rounds as well to play with. Hopefully will find something my rifle likes....either that or I will just cut the barrel down to the 17" and start over. Lol

Reloaded 17 works good as a alternate to H435o in 6.5 CM. I’ve heard RL16 is
A better choice but I stockpiled a bunch RL 17 before RL16 was available.
Have no experience with Rl19.

i shot a lot of RL-19 in a 260....RL powders are very dirty and RL-19 is the worst...it worked well in my 260 so should work pretty good in your CM just clean your barrel more often and remember its temp sensitive so a load that shoot great in cool weather may be to hot in warmer weather.

Reactions: woogie_man