• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Allright, allright

Jester8

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2006
Bis. No.Dak.
I changed the order on my Bartlein from a 1:12 to a 1:9. I normally shoot 55gr Nos BT, for p-dogs, and other varmints or should I say have always, since my tube was a 1:14. I talked to Steve at Bartlein and explained what I was hoping to get out of this barrel...very informative, so I made the switch. So back on point, I shoot 22-250, so can I accurately shoot one load for 55gr (varmint exploding) and bump up to a different load with say, a 68gr Sierra, without a hitch to do targert punching out to 600yds? This is my first aftermarket tube, and I want to make the right choice. Please help a guy out. I have went back and forth on this, first I said 1:12 then thought that I wanted to push the heavies, and am now at a 1:9. I am worried about over stabilization and a loss of accuracy with the lighter bullet.

Chime in, I need to get my head screwed on right.

Jester

Re: Allright, allright

FWIW, my 7 twist has no problem stabilizing bullets from 45gr-82 gr bullets. I would always go with a faster twist rather then a slower one, you never know when you want to load the heavies. I personally never thought I would need that fast of a twist. Now I wouldn't have it any other way. 8 twist would work with the heavies too (77+ gr bullets)

Good, what brand do yout usually load? I am using H380, and noslers, but am going to try Varget, and blitzkings when the new barrel gets here and of course the rest of the noslers...grin

52gr Vmax gives me sub MOA performance with H335. But I usually shoot the 77gr Nosler Custom Competition or the 77gr Sierra Matchkings with Varget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might have to try those, H335 a ball or stick? </div></div>

ball