• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Almost 100 years ago..

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
Circa 1918, earliest training documents, S.O.S. 1st Army.
Selling the new concept of a Siper Robe. Enjoy

Anybody else have very early materials?

Re: Almost 100 years ago..

Thanks for sharing…way awesome picture!!

My brother has a 1903 Springfield 30.06 bolt.
I'll try and get some pix of it.

Im glad so many enjoy these old images. I will throw up some more.

"Hawkins Position. The Hawkins position is a variation of the supported prone. It is used when firing from a low bank or a depression in the ground, or over a roof, etc. It cannot be used on level ground as the sniper will not be able to get the muzzle of the weapon high enough. This position is very low to the ground, giving excellent stability and concealment. The non-shooting hand grasps the upper sling swivel, forming a fist to support the front of the rifle. The stock is then placed under the shoulder resting on the ground. The non-shooting arm must be locked out in order to absorb the recoil of the weapon. Since the shoulder is not absorbing the recoil, the face will if the arm is not locked out. The elevation of the muzzle can be adjusted by relaxing or tightening the fist (a glove should be used). If more elevation is needed, a support may be placed under the non-shooting fist. The feet can be adjusted to achieve the natural point of aim." - from http://inextinc.com/shooting_positions.htm