• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Almost lost an eye

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
My wife asked me to make sure her Excalibur Assassin was still sighted in. I had a new installed at the end of last season. I fired one arrow and the farking thing exploded!!!! I am pretty sure my right thumb is broken and my Oakleys have a huge scrape right in front of my left eye, deep enough I can feel it on the inside. The gadget that holds the string is gone, one of the limbs tips shattered and it bent where the limbs attach to the frame. No idea wtf happened, it has a dry fire block so definitely not that. Near as I can tell it just freaking blew up. ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION!!!!

Your wife asked you huh……………hmmmmmmm makes a guy wonder………
I wasn't gonna say anything.
But now that you mentioned it.....
If you reload, id lock up my powder if I were you. Before you end up with some WW231 in your TAC jug.
download(1).jpeg

I need to get a crossbow. I can hunt the next county with crossbow. In my county, however, you have to have a doctor's note to use a crossbow on the few pieces of public hunting land we have. Otherwise, you have to use compound or simple recurve.

I need to get a crossbow. I can hunt the next county with crossbow. In my county, however, you have to have a doctor's note to use a crossbow on the few pieces of public hunting land we have. Otherwise, you have to use compound or simple recurve.
Don’t get an Excalibur Assassin. Might put your eye out.

Glad your ok. A couple of near misses with crossbows have taught me to respect the power stored in them greatly over a few years time. I have 2 Excalibur micro's bought in the last year and a half that the whole family shoots and hunts with. You stated you had something new installed last year. Please share what was replaced? Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Bender
I almost chopped my dick off one time. I was unloading the dishwasher and dropped a knife in a downward direction, gravity did the rest. Luckily, it was a butter knife and I had jeans on, but pretty sure it touched my dick on its way to terminal velocity. Careful unloading a dishwasher...youll lose your dick fellas!

Oh yeah...im an asshole!......and almost had a friend one time, but he got to know me, and that didnt fucking work out either!

I am glad you were not seriously injured, man...

Did anybody leave that crossbow inside a hot car or car trunk, or in a room where the bow is exposed to direct summer sunlight for long periods of time since the last time it was used?

PSA for bows/crossbows: NEVER leave any bows or crossbows exposed to heat and sunlight for long periods of time, especially when they are strung. Even modern fiberglass composite limbs will undergo deterioration when exposed to extreme heat for extended periods of time and even small cracks and weaknesses CAN cause catastrophic failures when it is next fired.

Reactions: Woodlanddude
I am glad you were not seriously injured, man...

Did anybody leave that crossbow inside a hot car or car trunk, or in a room where the bow is exposed to direct summer sunlight for long periods of time since the last time it was used?

PSA for bows/crossbows: NEVER leave any bows or crossbows exposed to heat and sunlight for long periods of time, especially when they are strung. Even modern fiberglass composite limbs will undergo deterioration when exposed to extreme heat for extended periods of time and even small cracks and weaknesses CAN cause catastrophic failures when it is next fired.
Nope. Just sitting him the gun safe

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Do you have photos of what is left of your crossbow?

I missed what you had installed at the end of last season. ???
If it was in a bow press that is not set up for crossbow or actually a press that is. There's your answer. It probably had a defect in a limb already. That's my WAG.

Didn’t someone here have an arrow shatter on release or something similar once?

Glad you’re ok bro.

I had a riser on a compound break in the middle of an indoor five spot tournament. It broke just above the grip. Full draw and boom. Cables, strings and cams every where. Pearson made good on it.

• Wow
Reactions: Jscb1b
I almost chopped my dick off one time. I was unloading the dishwasher and dropped a knife in a downward direction, gravity did the rest. Luckily, it was a butter knife and I had jeans on, but pretty sure it touched my dick on its way to terminal velocity. Careful unloading a dishwasher...youll lose your dick fellas!

Oh yeah...im an asshole!......and almost had a friend one time, but he got to know me, and that didnt fucking work out either!
Also, note to self - do not fry food at the stove in the nude.

I had a not nearly as exciting mishap with my Tenpoint Stealth last weekend, sighting in a new scope the day before deer season opened. Yea, I was in a rush.

Anyway, cocked it, but not quite completely, and didn't have a good grip on the handles. I have a nice welt on the inside of my knee as a reminder. :poop: Bow is fine.

And no, I'm not posting pics of my knee. You fucking weirdos!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws