• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Almost there.....

mwilkins

Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Sachse, TX.
In the last month, the following items have been ordered and delivered. A few more things to get. It's been fun getting here but I am fearful to add up what has been spent thus far..... lol.......

Reading the posts on this forum have been very helpful and knowledgeable. If it were not for those posts and replies to questions, the process of gathering equipment would definitely be lacking. All in all, progress is being made and I plan on starting on my first loads shortly. Hope they all go Bang!

So for the list.........

CCI 400 Small RiflePrimers
Wolf Small Rifle Magnum Primers
Federal 215 Large Rifle Magnum Primers
Hodgdon H1000 Powder
IMR 7828 Powder
Hornady O.A.L gauge tool
Hornady Comperator Base
Hornady Classic Press
Hornady Bushings
Hornady One Shot Case Lube
6.5 Grendel Modified Case
6.5 Lapua Scenar Bullets 123 gr
6.5 Brass
6.5 Comperator
6.5 Shell Holder
338 Forster Ultra 2 Dies
338 Lapua Brass
338 Berger Hybrid OTM's 300 gr
338 Lapua Modified Case
338 Shell Holder
338 Plastic Case round holders
338 Comperator
223 shell hoder
223 Comperator
223 Dies
223 Brass
Imperial Case Sizing Wax
RCBS Charge Master Powder System
RCBS Bullet Puller with 6.5 and .338 collets
RCBS Universal priming tool

Last edited:
Nicely done...looks like an excellent setup.

What are you using for a case trimmer? I use the Hornady trimmer and it's awesome. You can use the RCBS 3 in 1 cutter heads on the Hornady trimmer. Makes 223 prep soooo easy. Trim, chamfer, deburr in one step.
How are you cleaning your cases? I'm sure you've seen all the threads on here about it, but I definitely drink the Red koolaid (Thumlers Tumbler!). Stainless Steel Media is the way to go IMO, if you have the coin laying around.

If you shoot a lot of rifle, which it looks like you do, it may be worth looking into an annealing setup. Whether it be a Benchsource, Ken Light, or a simple socket chucked into a drill...if your FL sizing all the time, and/or want to extend the life of your brass, definitely add annealing to your budget if you can. I'm sure that 338 brass wasn't cheap :)

Hmmm - seems like we're in a similar boat:

reloading.jpg

All this stuff came in in the last week:
RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit
Redding Type S Match Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set 308 Winchester
Redding #5 Powder Trickler
Redding Shell holder #1 (308)
Hornady Lock-N-Load Bullet Comparator Basic Set with 6 Inserts
Hornady Lock-N-Load Headspace Gage 5 Bushing Set with Comparator
Hornady Sure-Loc Die Locking Ring
Lee Primer Pocket Cleaner
2000 Fed 210m primers
4lbs Varget
500 winchester brass

Still need to get:
A good caliper - probably just bite the bullet and get an electronic Mitutoyo
A tumbler/media - Harbor Freight, why not it's 50 bucks
Bullets - Was planning on Hornady 178 bthp, but...

This Weekend - Build a reloading bench so I have someplace to put the stuff.

Still need to get:
A good caliper - probably just bite the bullet and get an electronic Mitutoy

For $20 more you can get the Brown & Sharpe Shop Cal which is a nice Swiss made unit. Not that the Mitutoyo is not a good unit. They are both on Amazon for good prices.

Nicely done...looks like an excellent setup.

What are you using for a case trimmer? I use the Hornady trimmer and it's awesome. You can use the RCBS 3 in 1 cutter heads on the Hornady trimmer. Makes 223 prep soooo easy. Trim, chamfer, deburr in one step.
How are you cleaning your cases? I'm sure you've seen all the threads on here about it, but I definitely drink the Red koolaid (Thumlers Tumbler!). Stainless Steel Media is the way to go IMO, if you have the coin laying around.

If you shoot a lot of rifle, which it looks like you do, it may be worth looking into an annealing setup. Whether it be a Benchsource, Ken Light, or a simple socket chucked into a drill...if your FL sizing all the time, and/or want to extend the life of your brass, definitely add annealing to your budget if you can. I'm sure that 338 brass wasn't cheap :)

Case Trimmer - Looking at several different options. Really like the RCBS station but it may be more than what I really need. Have looked at the manual Hornady station along with the electric case prep station.
Case cleaning - ordering a Thumblers kit from STM at the first of next week.
Annealing - Have read many articles relating to the process and need to consider as all of my Grendel brass is Lapua as well. Like to make that stuff last as long as possible. After I get going with loading and stock pile more brass, FL sizing will become less and neck sizing more so. Don't plan on sharing my brass with anyone else so I don't have to worry about chamber differences.