• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ALOT OF NEW .22 PLATFORMS COMMING OUT!

GaryinCC

Hired gun
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2007
corpus christi, texas
I have been looking around on the web and i am seeing alot of new .22 platforms comming out.
there are several new AR style guns, one from smith and another from a air soft company. also i have seen a glock knock off that looks cool. armi sports is puting out a 1911 and sig has the 522lr. it's like the whole world just found out that .22 are cool.

makes me think about getting ride of my marpat sig .22 and try something different.

Re: ALOT OF NEW .22 PLATFORMS COMMING OUT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it's like the whole world just found out that .22 are <span style="text-decoration: line-through">cool</span>cheap to shoot. </div></div>

I fixed your quote!

Most people only use .22 clones because of slim to none recoil and cheap ammo. Some designs like the GSG-5 are nice for hunting squirrels and coons because of compact design, accuracy and high cap, but the ar style/most clone guns out there for the .22 caliber would sit on the shelf unsold if it weren't for .22 being so much cheaper than the original calibers.

I have to admit, it's brilliant for companies to capitalize on the recent .22 boom because of ammo prices---you'll probably see a ton of clones in the near future--HK, FN, SIG--it's all a matter of time before their products are accompanied by .22 look-a-likes.

i love the idea.
my friends and i were talking about the subject last night. to much time is put in to the practical use if most guns when most of the time we use them just for fun...not hunting....not shooting bad guys...not winnig medals. just having fun.
i love shooting all my rifles. but i hate the price that ammo has gotten to. so i know that i will be getting into the .22 craze big time. i like the fact that i can take my son to range and let him shoot all he wants and it won't make me dip in to collage fund to pay for it.

I like 22 because even at 100yds I have to be very careful to watch the wind. My home range is only 200yds away so it's hard to get good practice in with a centerfire without having to travel a couple hours.

.22 is the shiznit for a trainer and cheap fun (until you start customizing them)

It's kind of a full-circle kind of thing. I started as a boy with a .22. I grew up, carried heavier caliber weapons and now I have finally returned to the .22. I hope that doesn't mean I am going to die soon.
wink.gif

Im in the same boat bro.I think it means we are starting are 2nd childhood.

Spent half the day at the range today with my 7 year old teaching him the prone position at 10 yards. In between him shooting and resting I managed to fire about 150 through my Savage MkII.
wink.gif

If it was just a shade warmer it would have been a perfect day.

I really forgot how much fun an "adult" .22 can be.

With the cost of ammo, you can't beat a day at the range with a couple .22s an 1600 rounds of ammo (33bucks).

This are my Spikes Tactical Dedicated ST-22 and my Kimber Team Match with Tactical Solutions .22 Conversion. I spent the day at the range on Sunday and had a blast for the cost of a few magazines worth of 5.56.
IMG_2146.jpg

My next purchase/build will a precision rifle for Tactical Rimfire matches.

Do you have a link to the Armi Sports 1911? I tried a quick net search and turned up a bunch of muzzle loaders.

I just bought a GSG-5. So, far I love it. Way more solid than I was expecting givin other comments. There is a difference between 1st and 2nd generation with those I guess. I've only run subsonics threw it but with the grace of God I should be out at the range with it tomorrow.

Here are pics... not mine, but same thing.

D462_4398_img.jpg

gsg_full.jpg

i tryed to look up the armi sports guns also, Zanders sporting goods has a line item for them but i can't find any info other than a few shot show blerps. also i saw there is a AirSoft company also getting in to making .22LR AR-15's. they got all the types, saw a 20" A2 style, a M4 style, a CAR-15 style...it all looks cool.

There will be more 22 "copies" coming out, mainly due to cost of ammo. Who can go out and burn up 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 nowadays? Used to be able to do it, not now. So we are going to see a 22lr Ak47 here real soon. Going to see a Colt AR in 22lr soon I believe. There will be more as there is a very strong market for them.

Tip o' day.....buy more 22s and stock up now! :)

John

Rhineland Arms made some very nice .22 LR rifles while they were in business. Maybe this will get them to come back into the market place now. Hope so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the Smith and Wesson

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/01/20/sw-mp15-22-a-22-lr-tactical-rifle/

That looks sweet! </div></div>

I really wish they were just doing uppers as well. I would really like a cheaper upper to put on my rifle.

smile.gif

Spikes cost as much if not more than this entire platform will, so I think if I had to decide between the two I would probably go wtih the entire S&W.

Awesome way to train for cheap though.

unfortunately, with the "reborn" interest and rush on 22's, i'm sure you'll see the $ go up also. i know in my area it has risen as much as the centerfire stuff, and believe it or not the availability is becoming an issue. especially on the "good" stuff. maybe next year we'll have an airgun section.....

shit i was just thinking about buying 20k rounds of cheap .22 ammo for just that reason. i don't want to deal with getting raped on .22 ammo like we are getting on the rest of the centerfire stuff.