• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha 6BRA brass?

Krob95

Black Multicam Master Race
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Thoughts on alpha 6BRA brass?? Anyone run it? If so how do you like it? Don't want to fireform if possible and having a new bra barrel spun up.

Thoughts on alpha 6BRA brass?? Anyone run it? If so how do you like it? Don't want to fireform if possible and having a new bra barrel spun up.

I haven't used it, so can't comment. However, and you've probably read this in numerous places, fire forming 6 BRA from 6 BR is literally a no-brainer exercise to go through - AND - it still shoots lights out while fire forming. You need to speed the barrel up anyway, so just use the first 100 - 150 rounds down the barrel as fire forming rounds and be done with it.

Lapua brass is so nice in... well... everything, why would you want to screw around with anything else?

Reactions: Krob95
    There's a thread on Accurate Shooter on it, some incredible groups at 1k using Alpha brass. If the price difference vs. Lapua ($120 vs $98 or so) isn't a concern that's what I'd go for. That said, Rocketman isn't wrong, fireforming is really simple too (unless you have an improperly headspaced chamber like me). But that comes with the added need to develop a fireforming load, and the extra barrel life used in that may or may not be an issue to you.

Reactions: Krob95
    Fireforming is rediculous, but Alpha is a badass american company. I would say get th alpha and shoot like the wind. If you cant get it Lapua is good. No bad options.

Reactions: Eric_F and Krob95