• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Alpha Arms project.

swampbuck

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2012
Mississippi
I have a youth model Alpha Arms 243 that my dad bought me when I was 10 or 11. All I know about Alpha is that they were a semi custom manufacturer out of Dallas TX and went out of business back in the 80s I think. It is a nice little rifle but has a youth sized stock and light barrel. The action is marked Alpha II. The action seems to be a round 700 style footprint with blind magazine and a square (Sako style) bolt shroud. I've been told they are quality and It may have some collectors value but I don't know. I've seen a few articles in gun magazines written by Layne Simpson with some Alphas from his collection. Other than that info is scarce.

Does anybody know much about Alpha Arms?

Should I just hold on to it until my 3 year old need a rifle?

Should I make a project out of it? And if so would a 700 stock fit? Would it be too much trouble (aka cost prohibitive) to work with?

What would you do if it were yours? Hate to see it not being used.

Last edited: