• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha brass with possible pressure signs

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    I just loaded up a few rounds to make sure everything was good with a different lot of powder and bullets before an upcoming match, the virgin brass had no sign last but the once fired seem to have pressure signs. The speed between the two is only slightly different yet the once fired feel a little heavy on bolt lift.

Are you saying you swapped to a new powder lot, and tested it in virgin brass. The same load shows pressure in the now once fired brass. If so, pretty typical if youre near the edge in pressure with virgin.

Are you saying you swapped to a new powder lot, and tested it in virgin brass. The same load shows pressure in the now once fired brass. If so, pretty typical if youre near the edge in pressure with virgin.
    Good to know, I didn’t think 31.8 was pushing to hard and then 32.2 was a little spicy. I’ll take pictures of the brass once I get home and see if maybe I’m over thinking what I’m seeing

I ran 31.2 in both the virgin and once fired, the virgin looks good but the once fired has these marks
    900F961B-4FF7-4664-B620-70369573AD0F.jpeg