• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha Mags in an AIAE

savage110

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
USA
So I am assuming you can run the alpha mags in an AIAE, but was wondering if you could run the type 2 longer mag to feed longer seated bullets without having to do any work to the action?
I would also love to see pics of the AIAE with the new alpha 10 round mags, to see how far down they sit out of the stock.
Thanks
-Felipe

Re: Alpha Mags in an AIAE

Had a mk2 and some early Mortas, did not work. The rifle did not like the steeper angle to the area before the feed lips that brings it down to a single feed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a mk2 and some early Mortas, did not work. The rifle did not like the steeper angle to the area before the feed lips that brings it down to a single feed. </div></div>
Well that fucking sucks

I am waiting on a set of the longer COL MORTA Mags. When they get here I will be running a function test in the AE MkII with some long-loaded 208 Amax loads as well as standard length .308

Hope they work for ya lonewolf, I wanted them for the same reason as my 155 loads were a little too long to get to .010" from the lands and still feed from the stock AICS mag. I've heard there is a newer gen morta then the two I have but I haven't kept upto date on them since I parted with the mk2 AE. The basic problem I had is they would not fully insert and lock. It was maybe two-tenths of an inch from locking into place with both mags. My guess was ethier the magazine body taper or possibly the shape of the feed lips just not working with the inside dimensions of the mk2 mag well and/or action port.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope they work for ya lonewolf, I wanted them for the same reason as my 155 loads were a little too long to get to .010" from the lands and still feed from the stock AICS mag. I've heard there is a newer gen morta then the two I have but I haven't kept upto date on them since I parted with the mk2 AE. The basic problem I had is they would not fully insert and lock. It was maybe two-tenths of an inch from locking into place with both mags. My guess was ethier the magazine body taper or possibly the shape of the feed lips just not working with the inside dimensions of the mk2 mag well and/or action port. </div></div>

Haven't you switched to 6.5 yet?wtf