• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha Mags

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Got a couple in today and these things are nice! So far they feed great and fit and finish is excellent. Can't wait to get some trigger time behind them, and w/o the blinder plate the AI mags have, I can fit my long pointy boolits well.

Expect to see my AI mags for sale shortly.

Re: Alpha Mags

I've been meaning to pick some of these up. It always seems like they're out of stock when I check their site.

Where did you purchase these from?

Do you have to get them directly from Alpha Industries?

Nice to deal with, If they don't have stock they will follow up and get them out. And since they don't have the front filler you can load long!

Chris is the MAN...got my mags for a up coming shoot.Fit and reliability are great! Chris kept me up to date on when they were coming.Again thank's waggs

JRose, what caliber are you running them with?
I have them for my 6.5 Creedmoor and find them a little short for VLD's.
Just wondering if you are seeing the same.
Other than that they are pretty slick.

I'm just running .308 right now, my Creedmoor is in a AICS set up for AW mags. I did cycle them in the Creedmoor a few times and it worked fine.

The real OAL test will be my .243, but I don't have it right now. I expect it can't be worse though seeing as I'm pretty sure there's more room inside than my AI mags.

Triad is looking at becoming a dealer for Chris. Just waiting on him the put something together for us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad is looking at becoming a dealer for Chris. Just waiting on him the put something together for us. </div></div>

That would great Steve. I'll be calling you soon once you unpack the boxes from TAB.

good news Triad: the one stop shop place
smile.gif

I got a couple in .308 a few months back. Used them in several comps including field matches. They worked great, zero problems, and the short mag length top to bottom, which is similar to an AW mag, is great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Expect to see my AI mags for sale shortly. </div></div>

I've been running my 10rd Type2 for a while now and really am digging them as well.

I'm on the fence about keeping my 10rd AI mags too. I just like the pouches I have set up on my match gear for the AI's though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad is looking at becoming a dealer for Chris. Just waiting on him the put something together for us. </div></div>

Any word on pouches for them yet Steve?

Got a 10 rd'er from CDI Precision a while back. The mag is marked for 300 WSM and no buffer plate. Had to modify the feed lips (for 308) which was no big deal. My rounds are running 2.920 OAL and they feed just fine.

Does Alpha make 300WM mags? I called a couple times today to ask, but nobody answered. Probably just busy.

Nick at Grand River Tactical makes the best Nylon pouches for them I have seen. Deadeye351 here makes the best Kydex (custom for most anything)

Does Chris send out any kind of shipping notification? I ordered a week ago. Card charged, but no email. No tracking number. No answer to phone calls. No answer to PM's. Site shows "in stock". I have a match in less than two weeks and would really like to have this well ahead of time to function check. Is this business as usual and everything will be OK?
laugh.gif
I'm used to a little more feedback from vendors.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Chris send out any kind of shipping notification? I ordered a week ago. Card charged, but no email. No tracking number. No answer to phone calls. No answer to PM's. Site shows "in stock". I have a match in less than two weeks and would really like to have this well ahead of time to function check. Is this business as usual and everything will be OK?
laugh.gif
I'm used to a little more feedback from vendors.

John </div></div>

He will get back to you, I assure you of that. I dont know which mag you ordered but he will ship it as soon as he has it. He is juggling multiple jobs so it may be a few days before he gets back to you.

Take a look under each mag type in the store. It has an updated description on which mags are preorder and when they ship.

Point being, he is good for whatever he owes you and will get then sent the moment he can.

If it is urgent and you cant catch him via phone, shoot me a PM.

Ordered a Type 2. Hopefully "in stock" means he has it. Juggling multiple jobs sucks and is totally understandable that not everyone gets top billing. Didn't want this to be one of those "wah, wah" posts, just needed to understand the norms when dealing with a new vendor.

Not an emergency yet. Just figured if it was "in stock", as noted, that I'd have it in time for some dry runs this weekend. Hopefully I get a pleasant surprise in the next few days which is fine. I just normally get some kind of shipment confirmation. Gives me warm fuzzies since I'm an inveterate control freak.
wink.gif

Thanks for the quick response, Knight..

John

Ah... just checked his site again and this message is up:

"Update: 7-28-11. - Alpha Mags in the pipeline, All Pre-Order mags are in process. Shipping out over the next 4 to 6 days. Thanks for putting up with the delays from teflon.

Chris"

I guess that answers my question about what "in stock" means.
wink.gif

John

John...

If you need one ASAP I can send you one that is New and when you get yours just replace mine...

Chris is a Top Notch guy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah... just checked his site again and this message is up:

"Update: 7-28-11. - Alpha Mags in the pipeline, All Pre-Order mags are in process. Shipping out over the next 4 to 6 days. Thanks for putting up with the delays from teflon.

Chris"

wink.gif

John </div></div>

I talked to Chris today and he is hoping to ship out a bunch of mags this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah... just checked his site again and this message is up:

Chris"

wink.gif

John </div></div>

LOL glad you saw it. Chris will get them to you.

Looks like EHG has you cover if you need it. My offer still stands if you cant get in touch with Chris.

Thanks for all the responses.

Really should have ordered one a lot earlier. Cash has been snug and it always seemed to fall to the bottom of the list.

EHG: PM inbound.

Knight: EHG is closer to MT than GA.
grin.gif

Thanks guys for making up for my lack of planning. There are some good people here.

John

Can someone explain to me what Type 1 and 2 means next to the caliber of mag? I am looking to purchase a few and try them out.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone explain to me what Type 1 and 2 means next to the caliber of mag? I am looking to purchase a few and try them out.

Thanks </div></div>

one has the spacer and one doesn't, type 1 has the spacer type 2 doesnt

The Alpha Mag's work great for my 300 wsm Rem 700 in a McRee's stock. Fantastic product.

I like the compactness of them, but one thing I did find is that they sometimes bulge if the rounds don't sit quite right (308 win.) and you can't insert the mag into the gun. It was a bit disconcerting...

I have a Type-II mag and run it in my Skunkworks action using Surgeon DBM. My rifle is chambered in 6.5CM.

I ran it at the Juniper Swamp match and a training class the next day and it (only have 1) ran just fine for me. I had one fail to feed but I'm pretty sure I didn't cycle the bolt correctly/all the way back. Definitely user error. I guess that's a 'short stroke' but either way, the mags were 100% on the money.

Price is right and it's made in the USA!

This may be a dumb question so I apologize in advance. I have a Rem 700 .22-250 that is currently at GAP getting a new barrel and stock. I am curious if the Alpha .308 mags can be used with a .22-250. I was told the AICS mags with the Badger bottom metal or in my case Manners mini chassis will work with this round. If they will would you recommend getting the feed ramps modified so that I can use a type II mag or just stay with a type I mag?

If you don't load your own ammo the Type II isn't any advantage.

Does anyone know if there is a long wait time for these things?
Ordered a couple weeks ago and no response from an email inquiry either.
It would be nice to have a little communication.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if there is a long wait time for these things?
Ordered a couple weeks ago and no response from an email inquiry either.
It would be nice to have a little communication.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Backorders are getting filled and shipped over the next few days. Sorry for the delays,

Chris

Great Mags, I recently just got 4 of them in for my 7WSM and 300WSM. They made a big difference in round count and OAL capabilities.