• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ALPINE RANGE Ft WORTH-Primer price gouging????

jetlyting

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2007
Weatherford,Texas
Just got back from Alpine Range in Ft Worth TX, they had some cci br2 large rifle primers. Went to the front to pay and I got a rifle range fee, some sticky orange dots and the primers. My bill was $74 and some change--told him WTF and to put the primers back. He told me the primers were $54.00, and I could only buy one box...furthermore he told me the primers by themselves were suppose to be $74.00 and that they were a good deal. Do I look like a dumbass?? Should the owner of Alpine Range just pull all the primers and put them on Gunbroker... Do I just need to shut up cause that is SOP to buy primers now???? I'll quit bitchin' now--

Re: ALPINE RANGE Ft WORTH-Primer price gouging????

That's about the highest I've seen them thus far retail. Last time I saw a price tag close it was $49.00 at my local place.

Kind of sad. If you get too mad about it, or feel they are thieves, it might limit your desire to patronize them for the range facilities.

MidWay's current ask is $44.50 but naturally, they are unavailable!

From my experience, they are a bit high on components. I go there only as a last resort. Pretty successful business they have already, makes it kind of hard to excuse the price hikes.

$74 per k is just kinda funny.

"turn about is fair play". When times get good regarding reloading supplies, make sure that everyone you know is aware of how bad that retailer was gouging prices before. Hitting them in the wallet always gets their attention!

My dealer got some BR- 2's and he went up to 56.00/1000, he said they were just stupid high where he got them from. He has always been fair with all his prices throughout this crisis, I could always count on him for fair prices on Varget at 22.95 and primers were around $32.95. Now he has a bunch of Fed210M's for 32.95 so i switched from BR2's because of the 25.00 price difference.

Worst I've heard of is Merles in Granbury, TX that old grumpy bastard wants RETAIL x3 on everthing, and he will only sell you primers if you buy his bullets at 70 bucks a hundred. SSOB

Fuck Murle, I wouldnt throw a bucket of piss on him if he was runnin amuck with that scraggly ass beard on fire!!!

I have found Star out in Stephenville to be the best gunstore around by far, Bryan has always treated me right.

I saw a place in Pierre SD this past week asking $69/K for CCI 200's. I've kept the cost of them at between $30 and $35 depending on the primer this entire time. the only restriction I put on them was a limit of 1K as I had one guy early on buy up 5K of each size I had and found him selling thme at $90/K on the net.

Don't do Alpine....learned that along time ago.

FYI picked up the same cci large rifle benchrest primers from powder valley for $37.00 not even 24 hours after my bad experience at Alpine Range in Ft Worth.

lol gotta order more than 1k to get your money's worth. I put in for 5k, to disperse that extra $22 bux

I was at a Family reunion lastweekend and one of my Cousins was telling me how his friend had bought a bunch of Primers with hopes of being able to sell them later on.

Do you know how hard it is to bite your tongue when you want to tell your Cousin what a lowlife his friend is. I don't think my Cousin has any idea what is going on in the Reloading world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"turn about is fair play". When times get good regarding reloading supplies, make sure that everyone you know is aware of how bad that retailer was gouging prices before. Hitting them in the wallet always gets their attention! </div></div>
Big +1! I paid $60 per K for 205 (non M) primers at SPS in Carrollton. I had to have them. The new price sticker was placed directly over the old one since he'd had these awhile.

People are still pulling this shit. The D-bag gunshop near my dad quotes different prices all the time, I wanted a pound of H110 from him (since I didn't want to order 8# at once to try it) and he has the balls to say "powder's really hard to get. I just had these come in at $25/lb my price."

Clearly he has to make a profit, but when he has to validate his price tag to me before I say anything I feel like he's trying to convince himself he's not being a shitbag.

He wants 54.99/k on regular CCI 200 LR primers.

F him, and F the rest of the gougers. There's a really good little place near me that actually sells most stuff under retail now. It's like the best kept secret of Skippack PA.