• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alright fat-bodies

teknikallysekure

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Time for you to put your money where your mouth is and stop costing the rest of us so much money for healthcare.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/118xx/doc11810/09-08-Obesity_brief.pdf

We live in the richest most advanced nation in the history of the world. The fact that we're so fat and lazy is a crying shame. Use this as motivation to re-evaluate your diet, and not motivation to eat a bunch of cheeseburgers.

If you have overweight friends you're not a good friend for pretending they're ok. THey're not ok they need motivation from people that care about them to get their shit together.

Thanks to the fact we live in the information age an immense volume of nutritional information is literally at your finger tips at any time. It's your own fault if you're to lazy to do the minimal amount of research to learn how to eat properly. Stop feeling bad about it and do something you only have one life why waste it feeling sorry about anything?

This video is a good start in understanding one of the cornerstones of the problem.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBnniua6-oM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBnniua6-oM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Alright fat-bodies

The new BATF will stand for Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Fructose. Regulate fructose and de-regulate firearms.

I rather enjoyed that video, good post hippie.

The last "Fat People Suck" thread got locked. A shame too, punishing the sorry Porkasaurus Rexes with alacrity was awesome.

So you know what we should do? Let's workout, fat asses!!

ONE TUBBY!
    TWO TUBBY!
    THREE TUBBY!

Let's see that sweaty fatroll!!! OhhhRaaah!!

Shankster is gonna be pissed at all of you............

Obesity is a symbol of wealth and prosperity in the Polynesian Islands.

I'm just practicing to be a good Polynesian. When it becomes just too unbearable to remain a US resident I'll be able to fit right in...

Pass the shrimp and cheese grits please.
    grin.gif

Ya'll need a woman,or maybe a goat? Seriously isn't there anything better you skinny FUCKS can find to bitch about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txhippo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya'll need a woman,or maybe a goat? Seriously isn't there anything better you skinny FUCKS can find to bitch about?

</div></div>

This. Now shut up before I sit on you.... all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Time for you to put your money where your mouth is and stop costing the rest of us so much money for healthcare.
    </div></div>

OP, we wouldn't have to pay for their healthcare if it wasn't for the bullshit communal policies YOUR CITY repeatedly supports.

Wanna be fat? Fine. Long as you're paying for it. If that's the case, who gives a shit?

Rest of the post OK.

back to the subject of being a fatass.... I'm 6'2 194lbs...I'm a borderline fatass by my own standards. How these bastards can eat cheeseburgers until they are 350 is beyond me. Just stop fucking eating...how hard is that???

As long as America has fat smokers skinny non smokers will have someone to point their finger at and complain about.
    Cant we all just look past everyones faults and worry about more important things like how shankster gets on top of one of his chics without burning his ass on the ceiling lightbulb.

Mac

Couragewolf-

Yeah, and it would be great if our medical technology could explain why I'm fat as a house. I have kept a food diary and cut daily caloric intake to 1400 (or less) for three months, while doing a minimum of six hours cardio and six hours resistance training a week and lost less than seven pounds and an inch off my waistline. According to the "standards", my thyroid is okay even though my core body temp averages 96.2 degrees and I have serious absorbtion problems. I eat lean meats, fresh veggies, walk more miles in a day than probably 95% of the people in the country, and I'm still obese.

And if I'm paying for my own healthcare (and I am), it's really none of your fucking business if I'm fat. You want to bitch at lardasses who are on welfare or don't have insurance, great...but lumping <span style="font-style: italic">all </span>overweight individuals into a group that costs you money from your pocket...that's weak sauce.

Medical technology can explain. You eat more calories than your body burns, the remainder is efficiently stored as fat.

Obese people consistently underestimate their calorie intake and overestimate their activity level. If someone threw you in a prison camp and gave you 1400 calories a day you would lose weight down to the set point your body requires at 1400 cal per day. The older you are the higher that weight will be. A 70 yo woman who is 5' 2" needs about 1000 calories a day to maintain her ideal body weight at 110lbs. A 50 yo man 6' and 160lbs need 1400 cal a day to maintain. Eat more and you gain, eat less and you lose. A 350lb man same age and height needs only 1650 cal a day. That is an obese person, the difference is only 250 calories. A handful of Oreos has that many calories.

Fact is people tell me everyday they don't eat hardly anything. They are, in fact, consuming more calories than they need to.

i think it was an eye opening video. Fructose is in everything. Afterwards, I checked my healthy food stuff lowfat yogurt, and the like and damn if there isn't fructose in there. thanks for posting.

Saw on the news today that since the govt is complaining about "High Fructose corn syrup" th ey are renaming their product...

This is a no shit story. It is now called, wait for it..

Corn Sugar.

I'm 6'2" and I weigh 170lbs.

I spend 3 days a week in the dojo and I get off my ass during commercials and do stuff, I stay active and fit...

There are medical reasons, ie lack of testosterone, thyroid issues, but there are also some people that just don't do anything.

I saw a story on CNN of a gal and she was HOT HOT HOT.

She had lost 200lbs, was like WTF???? after seeing her heavier days it blew me away.

If she can do it, anyone can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couragewolf-

Yeah, and it would be great if our medical technology could explain why I'm fat as a house. I have kept a food diary and cut daily caloric intake to 1400 (or less) for three months, while doing a minimum of six hours cardio and six hours resistance training a week and lost less than seven pounds and an inch off my waistline. According to the "standards", my thyroid is okay even though my core body temp averages 96.2 degrees and I have serious absorbtion problems. I eat lean meats, fresh veggies, walk more miles in a day than probably 95% of the people in the country, and I'm still obese.
    </div></div>

Two things:

First, science absolutely can explain it if what you say is really true. First, you need to eat more. Second, you need Cytomel, not a T4 drug. T4 drugs are generally worthless. There is no case where it is better than T3. Worse, your TSH is not impacted by the usable hormone, so you will test normal.

Secondly, who cares about the poundage? What I read was if someone doesn't see you for a year, you're gonna be almost 30lbs lighter. What's your problem with 30lbs annually? If you were sitting on your duff previously, you absolutely gained muscle and even a crapload of red blood cells by activating yourself. You can be fat and healthy. Besides which, you are doing it wrong. You won't lose weight for long on 1400 calories. You will only suppress your thyroid(and body temperature), lose hair, compromise your lymphatic system, lose umm "rigidity", etc. You need a real trainer with experience in extreme applications, that will make you eat every 2 hrs, monitor blood monthly, etc. Th knowledge is out there (but not generally in the medical field).

Nobody should be paying for anyone else's health neglect. We all know smoking is dumb and eating too much or far too little isn't too spiffy over the long haul. We should be able to choose, and hospitals should likewise be free to choose to ask "Visa or Mastercard" before asking where it hurts.

FYI - a few years ago I looked up ANNUAL death statistics.

49,000 - Highway deaths (Road kill)
    1800 - accidental gun discharge
    23,000 - gun homicide, including police officers.

Wait..

750,000 - heart disease

Tell me we don't have an epidemic, we should be banning mcdonalds not firearms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw on the news today that since the govt is complaining about "High Fructose corn syrup" th ey are renaming their product...

This is a no shit story. It is now called, wait for it..

Corn Sugar.

</div></div>

Which is a horrible name. Unfortunately some people have been fooled into fruit sugars(fructose) being somehow better than sucrose (table sugar). They even steer diabetics toward it, amusingly. Fructose has some unique absorption characteristics in the liver that make it inferior to pretty much every other sugar for a dieter.

If you really want to lose weight, you really want a zero fructose diet as closely as you can manage. This goes doubly for the group of chemicals composing "<span style="font-weight: bold">high fructose </span>corn syrup", which is not by any name an innocuous corn sugar. And it is everywhere, in everything! WTH do hot dogs have this crap for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couragewolf-

And if I'm paying for my own healthcare (and I am), it's really none of your fucking business if I'm fat. You want to bitch at lardasses who are on welfare or don't have insurance, great...but lumping <span style="font-style: italic">all </span>overweight individuals into a group that costs you money from your pocket...that's weak sauce. </div></div>

We all pay higher premiums to manage others poor health. There's simply no denying that in the insurance sector.

Not to mention that when everyone goes into retirement mode when their obesity will have the most profound impacts on their health that's when the public starts to foot the bill. I don't want this to be political so I'll leave it at that it costs society.

You however have the attitude to succeed and you're attempting to better yourself which I have a great deal of respect for.

Here's the problem. You can't win at this game by simply starving yourself. It's not maintainable to be starving all the time there's no doubt about that I wouldn't have the will power and I don't imagine anyone would.

Realistically what you need to figure out is what your maintanance intake for calories should be. Once you know that you simply need to cut under it by 400-500 calories. You would have to be pretty small for a man to have a maint cal of 1700 so I can only guess that you're starving yourself.

I would suggest you get onto Lance Armstrong's site, or possibly www.fitday.com, or one of the numerous iphone/android sites that allow you to manage cals daily.

The other big factor with diet is the elimination of unhealthy sugars and carbohyrdates. As modern Americans we tend to have extremely carbohydrate dense sugar filled diets. If you cut soda and fast food entirely out of the mix I guarantee you could be stuffing your face every day with healthy food and you would lose a lot of weight as long as it's balanced. You need to learn what quality carbohydrates are and start replacing all the shitty carbohydrates with those.

Broccoli instead of potatos all the time, when you have to eat breads get whole wheats, but don't go eating sandwitches everyday. Carrots, spinach etc.

Same with meats. Chicken breasts and lean cuts of red meat should replace the hamburger helper. Pastas are ok, but probably not every night and when the option is available wheat is going to always trump white. Tuna Salmon and sardines by the can or filet are always great and all include omega 3 fats which have a number of important attributes. Nuts are also important in that respect get yourself a number of different nuts from the bulk bin and make your own bags of mixed nuts to snack on.

Oatmeal in the morning will kick your body out of it's starvation cycle. You're "breaking the fast" a good boost in relatively healthy carbohydrates and fiber will get your liver into insulin production which is a good way to start the day. Throw some nuts, or half and half in there, or even some steak or eggs. Body builders eat all kinds of crazy oatmeal concoctions and some of them are really tasty.

Boiled eggs are great snacks as well. Luckily the oatmeal helps to offset the cholesterol. If you're not eating shitty fast food all the time it's ok to eat these all week.

Try to spread your meals out from 3 huge meals into several smaller ones if at all possible. 6 or so would be ideal. If you get hungry between meals try a nice glass of milk. Probably skim if you're on a diet. I'm trying to gain weight so I go for whole. See if you can get it without the RBST that shit is crazy.

Best of luck to you the advantages of eating and living healthy are uncountable.

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FITNESS FEELS.

http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it was an eye opening video. Fructose is in everything. Afterwards, I checked my healthy food stuff lowfat yogurt, and the like and damn if there isn't fructose in there. thanks for posting. </div></div>

It's pretty awful. The especially disturbing part of that is how much people blindly feed to children thinking that they're doing the healthy thing.

There's definitely a need for more education about nutrition and fitness in this country.

1284494523233.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">must be nice to be perfect </div></div>

Nobody is perfect, other than Shankster.

That doesn't mean as Americans we shouldn't all encourage eachother to be better. We're supposed to be the best country in the world we should act like it.

An epidemic of obesity is something that should be addressed, and the best thing to address it is information.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody is perfect</div></div>

Speak for yourself. My mommy told me I'm perfect in every way countless times!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">must be nice to be perfect </div></div>

Indeed it is! That is why we should pursue it to the closest within our abilities. Since you'll never get there, it's something you can do for the rest of your life (which will be a longer time period, thanks to your effort).

I've swung 120lbs myself, and there's no excuse for being far out of shape, just a bunch of excuses.

I had a large assorted selection of Taco Bell last night and an entire bag of Laffy Taffys. It was delicious!
    grin.gif

You cannot go wrong if you only eat meat and veggies and some starches.

When you buy manufactured products, yogurt, candy, breakfast bars - all taht crap has corn sugar in it.

If you go to the grocery isle and buy a bag of carrots and then when you feel like snacking - grab that bag. They're hell good for you and delicious.

There are rare occasions I still want chocolate but I pay for it and feel it if/when I eat junk food.

Drink coffee too....good to fight against colon cancer.

Green tea - I do one a day, usually at night, with honey not sugar.

Diets do not work - change your lifestyle instead, and stick witih it because if you do not it'll be like a smoker quitting - without changing the habit he'll pick it right back up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a large assorted selection of Taco Bell last night and an entire bag of Laffy Taffys. It was delicious!
    grin.gif

</div></div>

I give myself a 4 cheats a week. Saturday was Octoberfest so that was a given. Tonight it's Spaghetti factory with some coworkers.

I'm bulking though so the cheats aren't so bad on workout days. You are currently at my goal level I've got a ways to go. It's a fun trip though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a large assorted selection of Taco Bell last night and an entire bag of Laffy Taffys. It was delicious!
    grin.gif

</div></div>

Was that the banana flavored? Gawd I love the Banana Laffy Taffy - I'm a sucker for that.

taco bell not so bad, I can eat 2 double deckers and be full, or a nacho bell grande and 2 soft tacos.

Down here in Texas we have a lowfat menu at taco bell.its a lot more money for a "healthy taco."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Down here in Texas we have a lowfat menu at taco bell.its a lot more money for a "healthy taco." </div></div>

Takes about 6 minutes to make your own tacos with quality ingredients minus all the garbage sauces.

Taco bell is supposedly making street vendor style tacos now which would be much better than their typical fare, but I haven't been to one in an awful long time so I couldn't really speak to that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that the banana flavored? Gawd I love the Banana Laffy Taffy - I'm a sucker for that.</div></div>

Oh yes, banana was on the scene. My favorite!

Never been much of a strict diet type. Try to keep up on all necessary vitamins and keep a 50/50 ratio of protein and carbs on most meals. I keep lean by bustin ass through every workout (5-6 days a week) and just staying active in general.

I treat junk food as a treat or as CW said, a "cheat" and do so a couple times a week. There is no way that anyone over the age of 25 can be lean and healthy on a steady junk food regimen. There are some genetic freaks that eat like that and stay shredded, but in no way do I believe they are internally healthy. It will catch up to them, regardless of outward appearances.

I believe we all have the right to eat what we want without regulation and I don't like to force my fitness lifestyle onto others, but it is really hard to argue against this nations growing obesity problem.

This country is fixated on fast resolve. "Fat burning" pills and extreme diets are temporary fixes and don't provide any long term solutions. Regular exercise and a well-balanced diet are essential to any successful weight-management plan.

good video,now i gotta get off this laptop and go work out,I'm always looking for good info on staying healthy.

Good post CW, its something I've been aware of for a while - still doesn't stop me eating bad stuff from time to time (but if it came down to a stand up fight between fructose and alcohol I know which one would win!). Also I think there is a lot going for the Atkins type diet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post CW, its something I've been aware of for a while - still doesn't stop me eating bad stuff from time to time (but if it came down to a stand up fight between fructose and alcohol I know which one would win!). Also I think there is a lot going for the Atkins type diet. </div></div>

Everyone is going to cave from time to time, and in the overall scheme of things that's no big deal really.

What most people seem to neglect is that overall fitness is a marathon, and not a sprint. You have to make a lifestyle choice to be healthy.

Atkins has some merit, but I think it's a bit reactionary. If people would simply change the type of carbohydrates they eat to healthier carbohydrates, and eat them more sparingly there's no harm done. I mean, realistically carbohydrates are an excellent form of easily processed energy.

Strictly carb free diet = ketosis. I say enjoy your bad breath and kidney liver issues if you're going to mess with that
    smile.gif

Lots of body builders will force induce ketosis for brief periods of time prior to shows and stuff. Seems a little extreme to me, but I'm no bodybuilder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it was an eye opening video. Fructose is in everything. Afterwards, I checked my healthy food stuff lowfat yogurt, and the like and damn if there isn't fructose in there. thanks for posting. </div></div>

It's pretty awful. The especially disturbing part of that is how much people blindly feed to children thinking that they're doing the healthy thing.

There's definitely a need for more education about nutrition and fitness in this country.

1284494523233.gif
    </div></div>

Damn those Southerners and their gravy! It spreads from the South...

Anyway, my wife and I started P90X 5 weeks ago. I was 6' and 240 lbs (I don't look "fat" to observers - most people honestly put me around 205), but to me I was fat. I was definitely out of shape. I went hard for a week, and halfway through the second week I dropped it. I kept telling myself I was going to get back on it and I just didn't. I started again this week, and I'm currently sitting at 228. The first two days have completely kicked my ass because I dropped it for 2 1/2 weeks and let my diet slip a little bit. I didn't really eat bad, but I wasn't eating balanced.

You know what I figured out? I need more calories than I was taking in, or my body doesn't work to burn off fat. I have to have about 2,400 calories per day so that I can last through an hour work out. For the last 2.5 weeks, I've been taking in around 1600 calories and haven't gained any weight back (thank God!).

I'm not giving up this time, I'm not making excuses, and I'm going to do it all the way through. Like CW said, "Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels." And that's the absolute truth. I'm getting in shape, I'm losing the extra pounds, and I'm going to have a damn well balanced and healthy diet to boot. Anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it.

Clearly many posting here are not watching the video.

A calorie is not a calorie and a carb is not a carb. That is the main point of the video.

Corn sweeteners are dealt with in the body like alcohol only without the buzz, plus they don't send a signal to the brain that the body has consumed any calories.

The long term effects of this are termed Metabolic Syndrome, which is a severe multi-organ effecting issue. Obesity is just one of the byproducts of it all, and the icing on the cake for being really hard on the body.

Watch the video.

Couragewolf, are you trying to send our economy into a double dip recession? How are pharmaceuticle companies going to make a buck slinging drugs for diabetes, cholesterol,and high blood pressure if eveyone ate healthy and exercised? Doctors would starv due to the loss of "fat-bodies" patients. Electric shopping cart factories would have to close if they had to rely solely on the handicaped and not the obese. Next, you'll be calling to "KILL ALL WHITEY", white sugar and white flour. Sheeez!

This thread did encourage me to walk today, I walked across the street to Wendy's and ordered a triple stack and XL diet coke. You would have been proud!

I'm guilty too - my supermarket has the Banana flavored Laffy Taffy in one lb. tubbs for 8.99. I am blessed with high metabolism - but at one point in my life was very hypothyroid w/TSH of 14 and actually lost weight because I was too "death tired" to walk 10 feet to cook dinner after work. My endocrinologist then said you can't blame more than 5lbs of weight gain to low (hypo) thyroid anyway.
    This is going to be a bigger issue when we all start paying for every else's healthcare.

FYI there are no known cases of diabetes before the invention of white bread/processed flour.

Took a class on Agriculture and was suprised to find out the Nez Pierce indians had NEVER seen a case of anything illness related until the 1940's when they were forced to live on a res/cook white man food and go to work...

They have a very high diabetes rate now.

2 1/2 years ago I was 235lbs and 5' 10". Now, i'm still the same height (damn, was hoping the weight loss would gain me a few inches, lol) but i'm 170-180 now, I fluctuate a lot, i'll explain.

It was discussed eating often...check. However I wouldn't say what I eat is healthy. I added up my approximate calories per day and i'm somewhere around 3000+ pretty easily. Let me talk about what I ate today alone;

Breakfast 8:30am:

4 cinnamon rolls from wally world no label, but i'm betting at least 800 calories, they're HUGE
    A Reeese Candy bar thing "king size" 460 calories

Keep in mind that i'm already over 1200 calories which is where my wife sets herself for the day (she doesn't listen to me)

Early lunch before work: 10:15am:

Red Baron pizza, yes, the whole pizza, and not those pussy ass baby pizza's either, box says 1600 calories, another days worth in 1 meal, one slice was left for a 2:30 breaktime snack at work.

Lunch at work 6:30pm:

Nice heaping helping of my wifes delicious spaghetti and meat sauce. Now I don't like to get stupid full at work, we'll say at least 500 calories

Post work meal: 10:30pm:

Giant plate of spaghetti and meat sauce, at least twice as much as what I ate for lunch at work. But for conservative purposes, we'll just say 750 in case i'm going over the top.

That puts me over 4,000 calories today, and I just remembered that I had a Mt. Dew on the way to work, so add another 220.

Do I eat like this every single day, not necessarily, sometimes I get stressed and it goes way down, when i'm not getting as many hours at work, I trim way back. Tomorrow, just for a highlight i'm going to eat a box of those delicious Delimex Tequitos, the beef ones. And not the sissy girl box with 10 in it or whatever, I got the family pack that i'm going to eat myself that has 60 of them in there. That alone will be just shy of 4,000 calories.

Now if you don't believe me, i'll have my wife get an account on here and vent her frustrations with our grocery bills to you guys, or the fact that our girls favorite snack for school (Cheetos puffs) have to be hidden from me because i'll eat the entire bag in one sitting. To the couple members that have met me, they can vouch that i'm not fat, big boned, or otherwise, i'm a skinny armed slightly pot bellied little bastard.

I understand that there are those that have issues that are causing them to gain weight, and there are those that just can't lose weight, I don't feel sorry for those that feel sorry for themselves and won't do anything about it. I've been at the point where I was ashamed to be seen without a shirt on, but I did something about it, and now I feel great, I just wish that I had the motivation to get the six pack abs back that I had when I was in the army!

One last tidbit, I was once told that I was intentionally not invited to a party because they didn't have enough food to feed the guests AND me. You can't make this stuff up folks.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post CW, its something I've been aware of for a while - still doesn't stop me eating bad stuff from time to time (but if it came down to a stand up fight between fructose and alcohol I know which one would win!). Also I think there is a lot going for the Atkins type diet. </div></div>

Everyone is going to cave from time to time, and in the overall scheme of things that's no big deal really.

What most people seem to neglect is that overall fitness is a marathon, and not a sprint. You have to make a lifestyle choice to be healthy.

Atkins has some merit, but I think it's a bit reactionary. If people would simply change the type of carbohydrates they eat to healthier carbohydrates, and eat them more sparingly there's no harm done. I mean, realistically carbohydrates are an excellent form of easily processed energy.

Strictly carb free diet = ketosis. I say enjoy your bad breath and kidney liver issues if you're going to mess with that
    smile.gif

Lots of body builders will force induce ketosis for brief periods of time prior to shows and stuff. Seems a little extreme to me, but I'm no bodybuilder. </div></div>

CW, I agree to stay in shape is a lifestyle choice, you have to stick with it for the duration.

Regards to Atkins - yes a carb free diet does bring about ketosis and that is certainly the aim of the induction phase. However the later phases bring in carbs to a level that the person can tolerate without starting to put back weight. The type of carbs advocated are the same as being discussed here (starch / glucose - not fructose). Works for some not for others but I really think that the key behind this, Atkins or not, it is triggering your body to know when its had enough through eating the right foodstuffs. Once that's achieved the amount of food consumed goes down to a level the body can process without storing as excess fat.

Also one of the big contributing factors in adult life is the fact that a huge percentage of working adults are now sat behind a desk for a living. Coupled with a stressful job the main distraction is food.

The movie Over The Hedge just came to mind when the humans eating habits are being described - I think that just about sums it up!

I have a close friend that is...well...very large, 300+. We eat almost the exact same way. I do half as much as him during the day but he is roughly a 46 inch waist while im at 180 with a 32 inch and all of my fat is in my stomach, it's kinda weird, i have veins popping out everywhere but a small beer gut. If i stop drinking soda I can have a flat stomach in a month without changing anything else.

Point is, I think people forget sometimes that genetics have alot to do with it. Oh yeah, and celery. It's the only food with a negative calorie intake. It take more calories to eat and digest than it provides. It is also been one of my favorite snack foods since childhood.

Okay, so what your saying is that anybody who might be over weight is a lazy fata$$, am i assuming right? Well in my situation, and I'm not making excuses, i take queintipine furmate(sic?) which has been discovered to cause the metabolism in most people to shut down, it's called a side effect. I have been taking this for PTSD and ever since i have been taking it, i have been gaining weight. after several years of complaining to the V.A. they finally told me about its side effect, and now have changed my medication. I have now gone from 235 lbs to just under 215, also i am only 5'9" tall. I am still losing weight averaging about 5 lbs a month. So, my musing is this before you start calling people names, you better damn well know their situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, so what your saying is that anybody who might be over weight is a lazy fata$$, am i assuming right? Well in my situation, and I'm not making excuses, i take queintipine furmate(sic?) which has been discovered to cause the metabolism in most people to shut down, it's called a side effect. I have been taking this for PTSD and ever since i have been taking it, i have been gaining weight. after several years of complaining to the V.A. they finally told me about its side effect, and now have changed my medication. I have now gone from 235 lbs to just under 215, also i am only 5'9" tall. I am still losing weight averaging about 5 lbs a month. So, my musing is this before you start calling people names, you better damn well know their situation. </div></div>

yes, there are exceptions, however stereotypes are formed from a observation of likely truths about a similar group profile. Doesn't mean that the stereotype for an individual is correct, or morally right, however we all have them and use them in our daily lives. If you are in the southwest portion of the US and see a car full of mexicans, you'll assume they're illegal. Right or wrong, given the area there's a good shot that your right. If you're in a unsavory portion of your city, and see an individual milling about with his pants down to his knees, that's likely a drug dealer. If you did that enough times the averages would be on your side, otherwise it wouldn't be a stereotype. Odds are, if you see a morbidly obese person, odds are is that that individual loves food and sitting far more than the average person. I like to say that it's not a thyroid condition, it's a cheeseburger addiction. Everyone likes to bash stereotypes, and talk about how wrong they are, but we all use them. We all love to hate them in law enforcement. If you got profiled and pulled over, it's an inconvenience, and perhaps a little annoying (happened to me once), however if someone got profiled and pulled over and the police found a kidnapped child in the trunk, is it wrong that they were profiled then?

I think that if I continue on, i'm going to just keep building a bigger and bigger soap box. I will say that I have some friends and family members that make plus size look slim, but they are happy and don't complain and hate that even at half their size, I can still eat more than them. I don't despise fat people, just unhappy fat people.

Branden

Quit yer bitchin you nordic princess
    wink.gif
    ....I am doing my part!
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teppo-Ka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit yer bitchin you nordic princess
    wink.gif
    ....I am doing my part!
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Don't be so hateful just because you don't look as pretty in a mini-skirt as I do.
    laugh.gif

Branden

LOL Dust that was aimed at Courage Wolf not you brother! LOL Torfinn has been following my weight loss and knows the deal! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI - a few years ago I looked up ANNUAL death statistics.

49,000 - Highway deaths (Road kill)
    1800 - accidental gun discharge
    23,000 - gun homicide, including police officers.

Wait..

750,000 - heart disease

Tell me we don't have an epidemic, we should be banning mcdonalds not firearms.
    </div></div>

+1, I finally got the wife to stop eating Burger King 3 times a week, she already feels better and has lost a couple pounds. She is not obese but she is not in good shape either, next I have to get her working out.