• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alternative to Eberlestock?

Fatorangecat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2012
Amanda, Oh
Are there any quality alternatives to Eberlestock? The Eberlestocks are a quality bag but they have to many pockets and flaps for my taste. I prefer a pack to a drag bag but would like something less engineered.

Call Ceylon at Deltaoutdoorsman.com, and talk over your wishes with him. He'll point you in the right direction, hook you up, and you'll be on your way - a very happy camper. If Ceylon isn't versed in what you need, or doesn't carry it, you most likely don't want it. He knows his stuff and is a very highly thought of vendor around here.

If you're looking high end then I've heard good on kifaru packs. You'll pay for it though. Really wanna get simple then grab a multicam medium ruck from a army surplus.its what a lot of guys are runnin in Afghanistan now. It's a good medium between a backpack and a full size rucksack. Slightly bigger than a 3 day pack. The frame comes off in about 10 seconds if you don't need it. Has a main compartment and 2 large front pockets. Zipper is pretty heavy duty also
Here's a link to a listing that has the NSN listed. Usually go for $90-$150 online

http://m.bonanza.com/listings/multi...y-issue-modular-lightweight-new-rare/45343909