• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alternative trigger spring for cz457

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
So just got my cz457 and wanted a lighter trigger pull. Stock went down to just over 2#s. I was going to order the Yo Dave but figured I would pull it apart and look at it before ordering. Once apart it looked just like the spring for an AR15 bolt catch. I have some parts kits so pulled one out and low and behold fit perfect and dropped the trigger pull down to 1# with the tension screw just barely putting pressure on the spring. Very happy with that.

Figured some people would get some use out of this. The yo Dave kit is around $20-25 shipped and an oops kit for an AR is around 10-15 and then you have spare parts for the AR.

Edited to add. The spring I used was a bit longer than the factory cz spring so you might be able to clip a coil and lower the weight even more if that’s your thing. I like a 1#. My spring was about 1-1.5 coils longer.

Reactions: 6.5SH
The McMasterCarr springs are the lightest. Part number 9657K611. I’ve gotten the pull down to 6oz. using them.

Reactions: JKW70
I tried a Glock gen 3 striker block spring. It maxed out at 8 ozs. Too light for me. But another possible option.