• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Altus Precision Class?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I’ve been looking into their Precision Rifle Level One class; has anyone gone through it? If so, what was the overall takeaway?

Spencer Berry has taken over and completely rewrote the course. This has taken place over the past year. They also added some big screens in the class room. I took a basic course way back in the day given by a different instructor at this facility. I have considered taking the newest basic class and starting over with the basics.

I’ve been looking into their Precision Rifle Level One class; has anyone gone through it? If so, what was the overall takeaway?
    I took that about three years ago. Instructors were Brian Morgan and Ryan Castle. I wrote a review here but I think it was on the old site and it didn't get migrated over to this one.

I thought it was a good class. I did think there were 4-6 too many people in the class. The more you can prepare for it the better. Also try to bring the right equipment and be familiar with it as possible. I was a complete beginner, probably the only one in the class. The facilities are real nice.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    I have a good rifle, a good scope, my only drawback right now is how much of a difference is there being taught in their classes versus what I was taught in the service? And when I say service, I mean shooting an iron-sighted M16 then an RCO equipped M16/M4 (for qual out to 500M).

I’ve got family just down the road from Altus. Hell of a drive, but a free place to stay once I get there. I am going to try and hit at least one match there next year.
    I may just say screw it and go to a match. It would be a good and humbling experience.

I have a good rifle, a good scope, my only drawback right now is how much of a difference is there being taught in their classes versus what I was taught in the service? And when I say service, I mean shooting an iron-sighted M16 then an RCO equipped M16/M4 (for qual out to 500M).
    Not ex Mil so couldn't comment. I know the class had probably 25% military of some type. They were either up from those two bases just south near Destin or discharged. I did think two days was probably one day short of what was needed.

To me there should be far more "intermediate" classes available rather than just Intro & Advanced. But WTF do I know.