• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Altus prefit barrel order

blue_ridge

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
Eastern NC
I just have to say, two thumbs up to Altus. I‘ve been thinking about ordering a new barrel for weeks. Gone back and forth about exactly what I wanted. Part of my hesitation was reports from some people ordering prefits from other places, not Altus, and it took weeks and months to receive the barrel. Finally decided to place the order on Tuesday. I figured, Thanksgiving is on Thursday. They might ship it next week if it’s in stock, otherwise we’re probably looking at closer to Christmas when I’ll see it.

Well, a couple hours later I get an email from Altus saying it’s going to ship same day. 😳 Later on I get a UPS tracking number. Today I received it. That’s two business days from the moment I hit the “Place Order” button. Just wanted to give them credit for such quick and detailed service. Definitely ordering my next barrel from them.

I decided to order a new receiver also. Went back to Altus because their service was so good last time. They had it in stock, I ordered it online. Called my FFL to send over the form to Altus. 2 hours later Altus sends an email with the UPS tracking #. Just doesn’t get any better than that.

Reactions: AccuSol-ERN
Altus prefit Bartline Barrels Hammer

Attachments

• 20190512_122547.jpg
    20190512_122547.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190512_122551.jpg
    20190512_122551.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: AccuSol-ERN
Early yet, but my first 10 shots from my Proof Comp 6.5 Creed, headspaced myself onto an Origin action. I decided to shoot Berger factory 140 loads to break the barrel in. Here’s the best 100 yd group. 0.200” is Not bad for factory loads while breaking the barrel in!

F4D466E2-7D58-4030-8DD9-CC6B685ADC48.jpeg