• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alumi-Hyde II Gun Paint

Re: Alumi-Hyde II Gun Paint

i used it on a pa-63 slide and it turned out wekk but i doubt it is as tough as duracoat and if you get brakes part cleaner anywhere near it the paint will bubble

I use it and it great for a simple spray on.....it is not as strong as Duracoat but very easy to touch up. I use it over Duracoat to camo my long guns and remove/change as I want to......it holds up pretty good with hard use but will not stand up to solvents left on it.

This is all Alumahyde II

DSCN0563.jpg

This is Alumahyde II on a stock and Mark II grips

DSCN0562.jpg

Nice work! So even though it makes it point to say it stands up to solvents, it does not?

If you get some on it and wipe it off no problem....if you put some on it and let it sit, it will not hold up. As far as wear it lasts me 2-3 hunting seasons before I touch it up some if at all and then it would be in high use areas or corners. Generally I am using it for camo so if it wears some here and there it helps the overall camo anyway.

Cool. Well thanks for the info. Kind of a tough call to make, as I am just a BR shooter.

They also make a good clear coat that increases the wear resistance of your color. It is a tad bit shiney so I hit it some steel wool when it is fully set to dull the finish. It would be fine for your use without doing that and increase the durability.

Much better than Krylon, and I've found it works best with warm parts and let it cure a week.

when i painted the slide i heated it up to 120 degrees and did 4 light coats to get complete coverage and let it cure for 8 days due to living in a area with high humidity

Painted a stainless rifle and a fiberglass stock. It's way easy to put on and holds up better than you would expect. It clogs up the spray nozzles and you will want a few extra ones. Regular rattle can nozzles work.

I live in high humidity down here so I would need a very long curing time as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Painted a stainless rifle and a fiberglass stock. It's way easy to put on and holds up better than you would expect. It clogs up the spray nozzles and you will want a few extra ones. Regular rattle can nozzles work. </div></div>

Thanks!