• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Always a good day with the kid!

jcfd2201

Playing with fire!
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
NE Arizona
This past Saturday I had another chance to hunt with John from NvrGvUp Custom Lanyards. We had a good time as usual and managed to put some fur in the dirt to top the day off. Since I hunted Saturday and didn't want to push my luck with my wife I wasn't planning on hunting Sunday. That changed when my oldest son, Hunter, texted me at 5am Sunday morning asking me if I wanted to go whack yotes. Since Hunter isn't really a kid anymore and is now a young adult living on his own I try to take advantage of every opportunity to spend time together. I of course agreed to go and he said he would be over to the house in a while. Hunter arrived and we headed out to see if we could get some yotes to play.

We made a few stands before the first contestant arrived on the playing field. The yote took full advantage of the situation coming in from the downwind side at the far end of the playing field. I am pretty sure the yote was trying to decide if it was hungry enough to get closer than 200yds to the strange scents that were in the air. While the yote was trying to make up its mind on whether or not to check out the potential free meal I swung the Specialized Dynamics AR over and lined up the yote in the scope. Just as I was getting ready to squeeze the trigger the yote decided to exit stage right presenting a perfect broadside shot. I sent a 60g VMax downrange and the telltale "THWACK" followed by a jumping deathspin was enough indicator to tell me the round had found its intended target. The yote finished its spin routine with an inpressive flop and roll about 10yds from the initial point where it was introduced to some lead in its diet. We gathered up the yote and our gear and headed off to make some more stands.

We made a few more stands before locating another willing contestant. This player was a bit braver coming in to 40yds. The only bad part was it came in from a spot neither one of us happened to be looking, either that or like I have sometimes thought it used its magical powers to appear and disappear at will. The yote decided to take a look around to make sure nothing else was looking to intrude on this free meal. That momentary lapse in the coyotes judgement allowed me to swing the Specialized Dynamics AR into position and get a good sight picture in the US Optics SN-4. I squeezed the trigger sending a piece of hot lead towards the yote. Once again I heard that favorite sound of mine, "THWACK", and the yote did a quick flip-flop followed by a sudden stop. We gathered up the fur and gear and headed to the house since Hunter had to be to work that afternoon.

I apologized to Hunter for being a dog hog but thanked him for another good day of spending quality time together.

Amazingly enough these yotes were willing to pose for a pic at the end of the day!

2012-11-18_13-19-01_40-1.jpg

Re: Always a good day with the kid!

Hunting is one of the best hobbies to do some serious bondIng. Congrats on the fun trip!

Re: Always a good day with the kid!

Great to be an outdoorsman. Nice photo.