• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I a shameless cheap bastard......

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    for taking "unshot" or barely shot targets off the target range board and keeping them for my use?

Why the fuck don't people shoot their paid for targets?

image.jpg

Bit of a two-fer. They are dumb bastards for not re-using their targets and you are a bit of a cheap-ass for not just buying your own. Difference is you are saving money while they are wasting it. So keep doing what you're doing.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
    for taking "unshot" or barely shot targets off the target range board and keeping them for my use?

Why the fuck don't people shoot their paid for targets?

Oh wow, you're doing it wrong though. I've been taking Larue TG1 popper targets that weren't laying down ;)

I scavenge people's empty sheets from the shoot & see targets and use the little patch up circles for dot drills all the time.

I've got everyone beat..........

View attachment 7012065

1 target, stamped 16 times (4 x 4 grid) on the back. I'm cheap and lazy too. Only one trip out to hang the bloody thing and only one trip out to retrieve it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow! Does Sinclair still sell those rubber stamps?
    I just go on the free target website and print them up.
    I've been known to use printers from previous jobs...

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    I print mine on the 24” roll paper printer at work.
    I designed them up in AutoCad and have a couple of different versionsView attachment 7012548
    Hell, I get PAID to make targets

If you were truly cheap this would be your roll paper upon which you print....

12116953.jpg

and unlike those that are my benefactors you would walk down range to retrieve your targets and repurpose them for their intended purpose.

It is ironic that we do stuff like this to save pennys and then think nothing when we spend $$$$$$$$$ on the good stuff!!!!
    well i could either spend $100 on targets........or i could spend $5 on targets and $95 on ammo......kind of a no brainer.

i shoot a lot of silhouette targets.....which run around $1/each.

what i do is go buy a big pad of easel paper for $10, cut out a template from some cardboard.....and i spray paint my own targets. its also a great way to get rid of all the old half empty cans of paint i have kicking around.

can make 50-100 targets for what ide pay for 10.

I'll shoot them all day long while I'm at my club but I've never taken one. Most of the time I'm shooting at a 8x11 sheet of paper with a dot in the middle-maybe some sharpied crosshairs so I'm just as "thrifty" lol.

Any major office supply sells rubber stamps....and ink refills, if i knew how to post pics i would , my favorite is the smily face ,but I pick up partially shot targets also and use the dots.Save money here spend it someplace else,.

I never started using the benchrest stamp to save money. It was much more a matter of not wanting to get up and go change targets at every cease fire. Call it lazy, but I’ve had both hips replaced and that much walking is now quite a chore.

I just recycle the cardboard from all the shit I order over the innerweb. Half the time I don't even bother to put an aiming point on there. I just shoot a hole in the thing and then try to shoot that hole again.

I can buy the large targets for 25 cents and small ones for 10 cents each at my range. If I want to be cheap, I'll put tape over the holes, but I don't take other people's targets, I have a friend that does that, lol!