• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Am I crazy?

bkrupp

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2010
Wyoming
I spent about a month researching and agonizing over which scope to buy for my new 338 lapua. I finally settled on the Premier heritage 5-25 with the gen 2xr reticle. I ordered it from Mike at CSTactical hoping that I had not just made a 1400 dollar mistake when I could have gotten the Nightforce instead. Previous to this the most expensive scope I have owned is a Leupold Mark 4, so this was a very tough leap for me. Mike was awesome, he sent the scope super fast!! I took the scope out early this morning along with a Mark 4 and was disappointed. The Premier was not near as clear as the mark 4. With object out to about a 1000 yards the Premier was awesome, much more detailed than the mark 4, but objects farther out, say from 1100 to 1 mile and farther I couldn't get things to come into focus enough, it seemed a little blurry and not sharp and crisp. Comparing it to the mark 4 the mark 4 blew it out of the water. I called Premier and Paul told me it may be the Parallax knob isn't functioning like it should. To make a long story short he had me send it back to premier. As I put the Premier in the mail my FFL called to tell me my rifle ready to be picked up (no joke on the timing), cruel irony. I am not feeling to confident in my premier choice at this point. Mike has been awesome, but I still worry that my brand new 3000 dollar scope is already broken not to mention that I wont see it for a few weeks. Has anybody else had a problem? I had two other people make the same comparisons before shipping it off and they felt the same as I did. Let me know what you guys think, I need some reassurance.

Re: Am I crazy?

Paul will take care of you. If your experience is like mine, you will have your scope back very soon.

Sell it and buy an S&B.

Problem solved!

BTW: Paul will take good care of you.

No you're not crazy. It's perfectly normal, even for the most of expensive manufacturers, to, on occasion, allow a defective scope to slip through inspection. You did the right thing by calling Premier and I'm confident that you will be very happy with it once you get it back. If it's still not your cup o' tea, I'm sure Mike will hook you up with something that will suit you.

I have to admit those very thoughts have crossed my mind, though I REALLY like the gen 2xr reticle.

Wetzel,
It was nice speaking to you yesterday and rest assured your problem will be taken care of.
Problems with parallax can pop up from time to time as this is a function of the human eye fine tuning the objective to the optical system and a target or targets at known distances. Depending on many factors this sometimes can be slightly off. I don't think the problem is with your parallax assembly as much as getting the system tuned in better. This is easily done without any intrusive measures by simply adjusting the objective in or out depending on what I see when I check it.
You will have your scope on its way back to you within 1 day of me receiving it. I apologize this happened but I take full responsibility as I am the QC manager and I certainly will make it right.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks Paul, that makes me feel better. When you say adjusting the objective does that mean the diopter, or something else? The parallax knob does function fine, I get about a full revolution, so what you say makes sense. The scope is in route via fedex with an expected delivery date of this Saturday. The very few that I have seen that have had problems with a premier scope spoke highly of you and your service.

pppssssst, hey whisper these blashemous words, please be keep it down, it does what its told, it puts only praise on its skin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sell it and buy an S&B.

Problem solved!

BTW: Paul will take good care of you.

41 </div></div>

+1
smirk.gif

I don't get it VayJay, what words are blasphemy? The part about Schmidt and Bender?

A couple guys I shoot matches with here in Las Vegas have had the issues with their PH's.

Yes Sir but Mike was noticing it at closer ranges. I believe he sold the scope once it was fixed and went back to his S&B.

I've shot with guys from San Diego PD and U.S. Capitol Police CERT teams who swear by their S&B. But I would assume that it all comes down to personal preference. I recently acquired an S&B but have nothing to put it on so I couldn't say either way.