• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I dumb?

Rant Durden

Calmer than you
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
So I read about this take down lever/ thumb rest on another site and part of me thinks oh cool, but another part is whispering "gimmick."
What do you think?

First reaction: makes the gun even wider for conceal carry.

First reaction: makes the gun even wider for conceal carry.
That and I feel like it could put unnecessary tension on the left side of the gun as you will inevitably put pressure on it possibly causing you to shoot low and left. Seems like a crutch to overcome bad form.

Reactions: KZP
There are plenty of race guns that use them, so I don't think they are all gymic, but I've never seen one on a not race gun, so seems very narrow use.

94319600c77920f2dc55c6aafbe5f43b--custom-glock-custom-guns.jpg

So I read about this take down lever/ thumb rest on another site and part of me thinks oh cool, but another part is whispering "gimmick."
What do you think?
If it walks like a duck...And talks like a duck... It's probably a duck.

It is absolutely an upgrade for fast follow-up shots. If you learn how to use it, you will reduce muzzle rise on recoil and improve your speed. This came from the competition world and it's not even debatable.

I have one of the early P320s and my first gen had a big takedown lever. Lots of people complained about it so Sig reduced the size. Those people that complained don't understand what they had, but those of us that do will always keep the bigger lever because it rocks.

That and I feel like it could put unnecessary tension on the left side of the gun as you will inevitably put pressure on it possibly causing you to shoot low and left. Seems like a crutch to overcome bad form.

It improves your speed. Bad form is bad form and has nothing to do with this.

Reactions: Rant Durden
I put one on my Limited gun some years back. Used it a few range trips to get used to it, modify it bit, mostly rounding edges and the like. First actual match I used it in... I hated it. Three stages in I got the screwdriver out and removed it.

Like most things, what works well for some, won't for others.

Reactions: Rant Durden