• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Am I going in the right order?

BullHead

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2013
SEPA
I have a Savage .308 bolt with a 22 inch heavy fluted barrel. I will have in my possession shortly 1K. It does not have the accu-stock nor is it a McMillian or H-S stock. I was looking to increase accuracy and was thinking a stock with an aluminum bed would help greatly. I figured also to replace the millet LRS 10x scope with a Vortex viper pst 4-16 FFP as I could get both the scope and a choate stock(I know they are heavy...I haven't seen other reports then that really) and upgrade to a finer quality stock later, or do I just go and buy a more expensive stock keep the present scope and use the rest on gunsmithing? I'm not sure of the order in things...Although I realize at some point it will all be done. Please don't say get another rifle...that doesn't help...I've made my choice of manufacturer just need advice on the best order of things.

I would put the entire 1K and some for a used Nightforce, its tax time and guys are buying goodies and selling off the older versions of scopes. A $400 Stock can help or may not, but good glass will be a much better return on investment. Not only that the Nightforce will retain more of it value that a Vortex PST. If you are stuck on vortex, then look at a Razor. Dont waste your money on a choate, sell that Millette and then look at a Manners or McMillan.

I would put the entire 1K and some for a used Nightforce, its tax time and guys are buying goodies and selling off the older versions of scopes. A $400 Stock can help or may not, but good glass will be a much better return on investment. Not only that the Nightforce will retain more of it value that a Vortex PST. If you are stuck on vortex, then look at a Razor. Dont waste your money on a choate, sell that Millette and then look at a Manners or McMillan.

This. You can sell the millet and get a B&C which is still an upgrade from the factory tupperware as well as the choate.

My uncle and I both replaced our cheap savage stocks with B&C tactical medalists. There was a definite improvement in accuracy, especially when shooting off a bipod. 250 bucks gets you a stable platform for your plenty capable action. The Vortex will hold its value quite well. Very rarely do you catch any used ones for more than $150 off retail.