• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I gonna run into pressure issues?

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I am loading up some 223 AI ammo for testing. I am using R15 and moly'd 75gr Hornady Amax's with Magtech 7 1/2 small rifle primers.

I started at 24.0 and went in .2 grain incriments to 25.2

Just want to make sure that I am not going to get into high pressures when getting into the last groups.

Can anyone help me out?

Re: Need someone with Quikload to help me out

I'll hopefully have QL in a week or two, but I'm sure you'll have the answer by then.
smile.gif

Honestly, QL is good and helpful at estimating pressure, but I would never trust it vs. what I'm actually seeing for pressure signs. I'd just shoot the 24 grains and work my way up, feeling for sticky bolt lift, watching primers, etc. If you have a set of calipers take those too, keep an eye on the case web dimensions, any jumps would indicate excessive pressure to me and I'd back off quickly.

Re: Need someone with Quikload to help me out

JCH,
I made a similiar request a few months ago and was informed that the vendor for Quickload had issues with people sharing data. Hard to believe but it is so!! See IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING QUICKLOAD thread under Ballistics. Just a Heads-up.