• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Am I screwed ?

XP1K

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2017
Texas
I posted on here a while back about an older armasight zues 640 75mm thermal that I had a chance to get for $1,500. Ended up getting it for $1,000 and thought I had done well. Used it just looking around the property a couple times, hadn't gotten around to mounting it on anything yet but now I think I have a problem.

Couples nights ago the dogs were pitching a fit about something so I grabbed the zues and headed for the back door. Turned it on and nothing. Pretty sure my batteries were fresh but just to rule it out I grabbed two more. Still nothing.

It did this once shortly after I got it. My brother turned it on and said hey, this thing isn't working. I tried it and it came one just fine. Thought maybe it was just a fluke.

When you turn the switch on you get a brief red flash of the screen you can only see if you hold it up to your eye then you can hear a noise like the shutter from a camera and a barely audible high pitch noise like from a pvs-14.

Did the screen take a dump on me, do I have power switch troubles, is it just toast, does anyone service these things anywhere ? I know armasight is defunct.

If it’s like some optics the battery terminals just need to be bent down a little to make better contact
You know that never even occurred to me. I contacted armasight and shipped it to them last week.