• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazing athlete

Biles is definitely among the athletic elite.

But noone will EVER surpass Alex "the experiment" Karelin as far as athleticism or feats of Olympic impossibleness. Won every Olympic and World Championship gold in greco roman for 12 years straight...

1696207715398.png

The term youre looking for is gut wrench Mr Rogan..

Last edited:
Reactions: BLEE
Biles is definitely among the athletic elite.

But noone will EVER surpass Alex "the experiment" Karelin as far as athleticism or feats of Olympic impossibleness. Won every Olympic and World Championship gold in greco roman for 12 years straight...

View attachment 8239797

The term youre looking for is gut wrench Mr Rogan..

Then got beat by a tubby American farm boy. Merica....fuck yea.

In the 1970's it was seen as comedy, now it is.......so screwed.

But watch it, he is funny. And quite good.

His name is Paul Hunt, there are quite a few of them. The man had talent and was strong to do what he did in a comedy way.

Not defending her, but Japan wouldn't let her (or anyone else) bring anxiety meds into the country.

Yep, but it was less a “mental day” and more mental overload resulting in failure to perform, losing motor skills, balance and coordination. Stress and pressure to perform affects even the best.
And in that state, choosing not to perform isnt 'bailing' its just being smart.

Yes she is so brave for dumping her responsibility because she wasn't on her game and wasn't going to win. There was a time when pushing through was celebrated and punking out not being considered "brave"......getting you commercials for said bravery. I get the diving reference that makes total sense, but taking up for this girl we'll just have to disagree. She is fully representative of the me me me people her age and the change of this country in my eyes. The days of Mary Lou Retton toughness and pushing yourself for you and your team being strong attributes are long gone. If things are not perfect I need a day off to hell with my committment to those around me. Nothing to argue about though because the dissent is from folks whose opinions I agree with on here 95% of the time, just an opinion. We just see this through completely different lenses.

Yes she is so brave for dumping her responsibility because she wasn't on her game and wasn't going to win. There was a time when pushing through was celebrated and punking out not being considered "brave"......getting you commercials for said bravery. I get the diving reference that makes total sense, but taking up for this girl we'll just have to disagree. She is fully representative of the me me me people her age and the change of this country in my eyes. The days of Mary Lou Retton toughness and pushing yourself for you and your team being strong attributes are long gone. If things are not perfect I need a day off to hell with my committment to those around me. Nothing to argue about though because the dissent is from folks whose opinions I agree with on here 95% of the time, just an opinion. We just see this through completely different lenses.
I never said she was brave for it, simply that even the best have mental crashes.

Its not combat. It's not critical EMT. Nobody's life is at stake, its a sport, an occupation, if you will. People in all kinds of occupations make calls about their healrh, mental and physical, everyday, and we take them at face value. With the intensity of her routines, any misstep could, as Red mentioned, be career, even life ending. Land wrong and you could break your neck. This young woman made a judgement call about her own health on a particular day. If she were a quitter she wouldnt be the GOAT of her sport.

What I wonder is the real reason behind your harsh judgement?

What I wonder is the real reason behind your harsh judgement?
Come on Maggot don't try some psycho babel. We disagree. There is no "real reason" behind my opinion any more than behind yours. We have different life experiences. Don't try to intimate I have some inherent flaw because you can't fathom my differing view of it. Don't try to make it some argument with cute cutting statements like that. Come on. We disagree completely on this one nothing more, nothing less. I expect your reasons are as good as mine either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jsp556
Come on Maggot don't try some psycho babel. We disagree. There is no "real reason" behind my opinion any more than behind yours. We have different life experiences. Don't try to intimate I have some inherent flaw because you can't fathom any other view than your own. Don't try to make it some argument with cute cutting statements like that. Come on. We disagree completely on this one nothing more, nothing less. I expect your reasons are as good as mine either way.
Yes, we disagree on this one thing. No biggie.

What I wonder about is your reason for your stance?

Mine 'reason(s)' are pretty clear. In a free society no one should be forced for any reason, including the condemnation from others, to do anything they feel may harm themselves.

I've never been in real combat like may here so I dont know that stress. I've never competed at the level she does so I dodnt know that stress. But I do know stress and what it can do to you. There re times I've just said, I need a day off. I expect others to respect my decision and I repsect hers.

It's just a matter of respecting others right to decide for themselves.

Hence why I put Karelin up there...
Nobody is as tough as wrestlers. We dont get any glory on tv or mainstream media(aside from the ones who transition to MMA and make it to the big leagues) yet our sport is tougher than all the rest by miles, next to MMA and maybe boxing...
I cant recall more than maybe 10-15% of the matches I competed in where I was not injured in some form or fashion.

Reactions: 232593
I wrestled in college and open division as well. Had a budding mma stint etc…. Blah blah blah…. While the heroic media portrayal was horseshit, I can’t fault her for pulling out when her heads not right. I’d venture to say half the guys criticizing that move can’t even manage a cartwheel on flat ground. Same guys at an mma event with their 400lb fat asses hanging out of their tapout tshirts screaming at a fighter for being a pussy. Consider the source. You’re not likely to change any minds

… also, Daniel Cormier ( wrestler) pulled out of the 2008 olympics after (barely) making weight because he wasn’t feeling up to snuff.not many would argue toughness.

I wrestled in college and open division as well. Had a budding mma stint etc…. Blah blah blah…. While the heroic media portrayal was horseshit, I can’t fault her for pulling out when her heads not right. I’d venture to say half the guys criticizing that move can’t even manage a cartwheel on flat ground. Same guys at an mma event with their 400lb fat asses hanging out of their tapout tshirts screaming at a fighter for being a pussy. Consider the source. You’re not likely to change any minds
I aint criticizing her. "The credit belongs to the man in the arena..." and all that. If she knew this was a challenge that could define the rest of her life and that she wasn't 100%, I dont blame her for pulling out.

My gripe is that Michael Phelps and Simone Biles get so much praise while someone like Jordan Burroughs gets zero.

Wrestling, boxing, and pankration got the most respect at the original ancient Olympics for a reason. Aint the purpose of sports and athletics in general to show someone's potential capability, or the likely results of a given matchup, in some sort of combat? Hence, one v one combat whether it be wrestling, boxing, MMA, or a duel to the death.. is the ultimate form of sport/athletics.

I get your point of the average tard MMA fan. But if you wrestled at a collegiate level, you know no sport even comes close to the brutal difficulty of wrestling.

I aint criticizing her. "The credit belongs to the man in the arena..." and all that. If she knew this was a challenge that could define the rest of her life and that she wasn't 100%, I dont blame her for pulling out.

My gripe is that Michael Phelps and Simone Biles get so much praise while someone like Jordan Burroughs gets zero.

Wrestling, boxing, and pankration got the most respect at the original ancient Olympics for a reason. Aint the purpose of sports and athletics in general to show someone's potential capability, or the likely results of a given matchup, in some sort of combat? Hence, one v one combat whether it be wrestling, boxing, MMA, or a duel to the death.. is the ultimate form of sport/athletics.

I get your point of the average tard MMA fan. But if you wrestled at a collegiate level, you know no sport even comes close to the brutal difficulty of wrestling.

If you get put into enough cradles you are that much closer to being able to suck your own dick.

I get it. Trust me. Too many people put too much weight on what’s harder, this or that. I’d agree that wrestling overall is at least among the toughest sports. Had a big chip on my shoulder about it for years. Then came the realization that, at the top levels of most sports, the athletes are incredible and would excel wherever they put their efforts. It’s humbling to see just how great they are where they’ve chosen to be. I could opine on my personal preferences, but that also doesn’t change anyone’s mind. Im guilty of being an armchair quarterback, but really try to appreciate excellence in whatever area it exists. There’re many more important areas to celebrate individuals than sports though.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Practice wise, wrestling was brutal. Stations, sprints wrestle more stations, rinse and repeat with little rest. God forbid you slack off or shoot in a sloppy manner. Coach would break you.

Matches were physically exhausting, especially open all day tournaments.

Wrestling now is a year around commitment. Young wrestlers are so advanced and committed. It was a treat to attend states and see the skill.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
The one thig I have not seen much of in this thread are what I call stick and ball games.

I am not a big "sports" person, most I did was run in high school, and I was nothing special, not fast but I could run all day. I see a very large difference between what I have seen in this thread, things I call sports vs. stick and ball games. NFL, MLB, NBA have less then zero interest for me. Now I am not saying those people are not good playing with their balls, however I don't see them worth half a billion $$ per year like the little QB in KC is getting.

Those are not sports, those are games. I do enjoy sports, like talked about here. MMA has no interest in me, but general "track and field" and gymnastics do. I have a feeling pound for pound the latter is far more strong.

This one is not too bad, and I like her style.

On Dec. 1, 1989, Romania’s Nadia Comăneci, winner of five Olympic gold medals and the first gymnast in history to score a perfect 10, sat opposite an official in the US Embassy in Vienna, Austria, trying to claim asylum.

“What do you want?” asked the official.

“I want to go to America,” she replied.

“When?” “As soon as possible.”

“‘There’s a Pan Am flight leaving in two hours,” said the official. “You’re on it.”

For a 61yr old woman she is not too darn bad looking as well, I don't see a lot of face bondo work on her.

1696329354190.png

I just noticed her arms are longer than her legs. Does that help in women’s gymnastics?

Personally I think it is partly an illusion due to how thick/strong her legs are. They are all itty bitty girls when they do this, if they start to get boobs that is usually a deal breaker, you can tape them down only so long, all that weight up there, I guess boobs are heavy, they sure do feel heavy when I get the chance to play with wife's.

I think the long legs and arms help with rotation, you know like when an ice skater pulls their arms in they spin faster, and when they let them out they slow down.

The only sport I really watch is track and field and gymnastics. The guys on the rings are just insane. I just can't get my head around how strong you need to be to do this. The cross and plank thing are just amazing.

Reactions: Maggot
Personally I think it is partly an illusion due to how thick/strong her legs are. They are all itty bitty girls when they do this, if they start to get boobs that is usually a deal breaker, you can tape them down only so long, all that weight up there, I guess boobs are heavy, they sure do feel heavy when I get the chance to play with wife's.

I think the long legs and arms help with rotation, you know like when an ice skater pulls their arms in they spin faster, and when they let them out they slow down.

The only sport I really watch is track and field and gymnastics. The guys on the rings are just insane. I just can't get my head around how strong you need to be to do this. The cross and plank thing are just amazing.

Incredible.

And for @Forgetful Coyote

Ever tried swimming workouts on a highly competitive team. Talk about brutal.

, all that weight up there, I guess boobs are heavy, they sure do feel heavy when I get the chance to play with wife's.
I get my curls and dead lifts from hoisting my own man-boobs, thank you very much.

Reactions: Maggot
Incredible.

And for @Forgetful Coyote

Ever tried swimming workouts on a highly competitive team. Talk about brutal.
No sir all I did was football and baseball when real young.. then got into wrestling through middle/high school. Wanted to get into grappling and MMA but ended up getting in a bunch of legal trouble in my later teen years and was sidetracked by that.
Gotta Straight Blast Gym not too far from me though and want to see if they do no-gi grappling and get back into it. Maybe even do a couple cycles of test too LOL