• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazing sheriff deputy caught on tape

Intrepid4576

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2011
Honesdale, PA, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O-G8k44m3VE

glad to see they didnt get maced, tasered and then beat up for doing their best to protect our rights

Id like to also point out how so many people who Im sure would be considered normal "cop haters" have called his local sheriff office to give thanks and recognition for being an example for all other officers

So as you can see if cops are proper and respectful the people love them and give them more respect than they could possibly ever hope for....but when they rape the people of their rights then expect the people to show respect.....

I have a new found respect for LEO's and I hope to see more and more videos or articles like this one

Re: Amazing sheriff deputy caught on tape

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O-G8k44m3VE

glad to see they didnt get maced, tasered and then beat up for doing their best to protect our rights

Id like to also point out how so many people who Im sure would be considered normal "cop haters" have called his local sheriff office to give thanks and recognition for being an example for all other officers

So as you can see if cops are proper and respectful the people love them and give them more respect than they could possibly ever hope for....but when they rape the people of their rights then expect the people to show respect.....

I have a new found respect for LEO's and I hope to see more and more videos or articles like this one </div></div>

It's a two way street as far as respect goes. Give it and expect to receive it, that applies to both sides. Act like an ass and expect to be treated as such, that also applies to both sides.

You're unlikely to see many videos like this one. They aren't controversial, they don't insight fury and acceptable interactions between the police and citizens of this country happen hundreds of thousands of times a day so no one cares. Posting it is appreciated however.

The Sheriff's Deputy did a GREAT job. Frankly the Airport agent has no right to bark orders or ask LE to do anything unlawful. TSA and its people have abused their authority and seem to think they can dictate and make law as they seem fit. They even went so far in that video as to completely inconvenience everyone else including travelers simply to spite their opposition. Ridiculous...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O-G8k44m3VE

<span style="color: #FF0000">So as you can see if cops are proper and respectful the people love them and give them more respect than they could possibly ever hope for....but when they rape the people of their rights then expect the people to show respect..... </span>

I have a new found respect for LEO's and I hope to see more and more videos or articles like this one </div></div>

In a nutshell. Tht also applies the other way...citizens need to respect the officers doing their job. Kudos to officer Lenic.

To clear up a common misconception (at least a bit, anyways), it is not LEO's who are "Jack-Booted-Thugs". Not at all.

It is the assholes whom assume more authority than they deserve, and dictate their will/agenda on others, who're the "Jack-Booted-Thugs".

Whether they're wearing a badge, a shield, an ID tag, or a cloak (judge-dress thingy), it is those Fuckheads who abuse and disrespect others, most times unjustifiably, who're the problem.

The officer here in this video is one of those who deserves promotion and reward, for taking his job seriously. Thanks for sharing that.

No doubt the Officer did his job. Probably with more patience than I would have on both parties. Kudos to him.

Deputy Lenic is the kind LEO we ought stand up and applaud for, he's a credit to the profession.

I salute his integrity and unwillingness to let the airport nazi wipe his ass with the Constitution.

Bravo!!!

I've often been branded a "cop basher" but this guy did a phenomenal job and I hope we start seeing more and more officers follow his example of behavior and grade A professionalism.

ETA: I really can't state how proud of this officer I am, and it gives me hope that the infection that is NYC/Bloomscum hasn't corrupted the whole state yet.

That Deputy was in a difficult spot: Sheriff's departments are creatures of politics. He did a masterful job, though, under what was probably a great deal of stress for him.

It's irritating that I had to watch 14 minutes of video(ok I didnt watch it all I skipped to the good parts), but other than that It was gratifying to see that guy not justdo his job but do it with remarkable composure and aplomb. He may be "just doing his job" but he deserves to have the recognition of positive encouragement as much as bad cops deserves to be chastised; unfortunately that's not how it usually goes
I think it's time I fire off a thank you to his departments website to probably ignore.

"O from the mouth of babes"

AWESOME! These kids courageously step into the trenches and up to the plate. These are the defenders of the constitution as much as anyone else. While some complain, ignore, and otherwise knuckle under, these brave kids take to the streets our constitutional right to object, indeed refuse, unreasonable search, seizure, and other bs sought to be imposed by nitwits in high government.

While I am not a fan of infowars, as most of what they produce is laden with bias, and their so-called news seems mostly propaganda used to misguide and incite fear, I think this was a very positive video. I hate the TSA and the athority they think they have.

Also, there is a factor that needs to be recognized. In a stressful and politicly slanted situation, its easy for an officer to loose sight of the main question...Is/was there a law broken? No, there was not. I could see how a LEO can loose sight of that, and be more concerned with making sure the bigger guy (TSA) keeps his self-given role of authority. Though, I don't know how or if any trespassing laws would come in with a place like an airport. I know that a business owner does have the right to ask you to leave their place of business, and can have your tresspass warning read to you by a deputy. If you return, then you are breaking the law. But, again, I don't see how or if that would apply to an airport.

Isn't it funny that a normal behavior and common decency has to be applauded is something to be youtube'd and glorified. If this is so unbelievable good and in every way special wtf is the actual norm...

PS: With above statement i mean absolutely no disrespect or in any way taking away from good work (policing and citizens actions) it's meant as an observation of sad state of affairs and how we are "surprised" by good instead of evil.

While I am in favor of the 1st Amendment, why didn't the Airport Authority guy just tell them it was private property, and if they weren't flying out they needed to leave? It is pretty much industry standard for a camera crew to have 1)written permission to film, and 2)proof of liabilty insurance on file with the owner prior to filming on private property. Obviously, the deputy could have done a trespass case and removed the camera crew without incident if they refused to go.

If an airport or anything else is owned by the city, state or private company, it is private property and the governing body has the right to refuse service/admittance to anyone.

For this very reason, most airports have an airport police dept which is ultimately ran by the airport authority. Thus, you would not have a situation like this where the local Sherrif's deputy telling the Airport Authority rep to pound sand.

Totally agree the deputy handled the situation perfectly. And if the Airport Authority was too stupid to tell the camera crew to get off their property then they deserved to be told what was up by the deputy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I am in favor of the 1st Amendment, why didn't the Airport Authority guy just tell them it was private property, and if they weren't flying out they needed to leave? It is pretty much industry standard for a camera crew to have 1)written permission to film, and 2)proof of liabilty insurance on file with the owner prior to filming on private property. Obviously, the deputy could have done a trespass case and removed the camera crew without incident if they refused to go. </div></div>

Wrong on SO many levels.

This is NOT a private airport, and your First Amendment protections don't cease to exist when you enter an airport.

Albany Airport takes FEDERAL dollars, they can make up all the illegal regs they want, they don't trump the Constitution.

Why you're attempting to justify Gestapo like behavior, when these individuals were simply handing out INFORMATION is beyond me.

I don't "favor" the Constitution, I believe it in, and DEMAND individuals in positions of authority to uphold it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I am in favor of the 1st Amendment, why didn't the Airport Authority guy just tell them it was private property, and if they weren't flying out they needed to leave? It is pretty much industry standard for a camera crew to have 1)written permission to film, and 2)proof of liabilty insurance on file with the owner prior to filming on private property. Obviously, the deputy could have done a trespass case and removed the camera crew without incident if they refused to go.

If an airport or anything else is owned by the city, state or private company, it is private property and the governing body has the right to refuse service/admittance to anyone.

For this very reason, most airports have an airport police dept which is ultimately ran by the airport authority. Thus, you would not have a situation like this where the local Sherrif's deputy telling the Airport Authority rep to pound sand. </div></div> Not that I know for sure but from what Ive come to understand is that particular airport had federal funding and therefor was considered public property in the area they were filming

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's time I fire off a thank you to his departments website to probably ignore. </div></div>

They have apparently received an incredible amount of support that can not be ignored

this is what i was talking about when I said.

"Id like to also point out how so many people who Im sure would be considered normal "cop haters" have called his local sheriff office to give thanks and recognition for being an example for all other officers"

here is some new coverage of the outpouring of support http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ZiMoo43HU&feature=youtu.be

If you would like some info here ya go

Deputy Stan Lenic
Albany County Sheriff’s Office
16 Eagle Street
Albany, NY 12207
Phone: (518) 487-5400 | Fax: (518) 487-5037

http://www.facebook.com/DeputySheriffStanLenic?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/AlbanyCountySheriff?ref=ts&fref=ts

Hand writtin messages (even as simple as a Thank You card) have a ton more meaning than a post on a website or call (which they have been flooded with)

If you want to speak out against / too the aggressors here you can do so via

http://www.albanyairport.com/board_staff.php

518 242-2222

Address:
Albany County Airport Authority
Albany International Airport
Administration Building
Second Floor
Albany, NY 12211

http://www.albanyairport.com/contact.php

Doug's email address:
[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't it funny that a normal behavior and common decency has to be applauded is something to be youtube'd and glorified. If this is so unbelievable good and in every way special wtf is the actual norm...

PS: With above statement i mean absolutely no disrespect or in any way taking away from good work (policing and citizens actions) it's meant as an observation of sad state of affairs and how we are "surprised" by good instead of evil. </div></div>

I get what your saying, and in other posts, usually the same members, you get the same "He did his job correctly, whay do we need to praise that?" attitude. Its not about praise, not even about recognition. Why does it ALWAYS have to be about the bad? When did news subjects become mandated to only report the negative shit? Why does it always have to be "Cop violates rights", "Teacher molests students", "Youth gets caught stealing"....ect. That is what seems to be the norm. I think the general public, and even journalists, are getting fed up with it. Its fucking depressing.

Although, not everyone wants to see that a teacher that cares enough to get through to a student, a youth doing a good favor for someone in need, or even a cop who performs a simple act of kindness, let alone his duties. Some are so bitter and biased that they make extrordinary efforts to down play on the "other" truthts, facts and events, simply because it contradicts a personal opinion. An opinion that has been so tightly held, that they begin to think that what they feel is all the fact they need, thus shutting out or putting down anything else.

Honestly, why would someone jump on here and try to take away from something like this? What agenda would someone have to fill by seeing to it that no recognition is made by others? Afraid of something? Worried that others might fall off the fence your on and start supporting what you are against? Really, be honest.

Perhaps your are right and the fact is that norm is not what media tries to portray and that basically only the vocal/noticeable minority is shit and the rest are simply minding their own business being ok and good and therefore in this sensation hungry media world mostly ignored...

But as you can see even here some do not understand what freedom is or at least what it was thought to have been in 18th century.

Private place. Read above were the airport takes goverment money. I farm and as far as I know I have to take goverment money. My landlords have recieved money, as far as I know I have to also. So, I have to spend days filling out paperwork and giving information to be sure I am farming under the rules the goverment says I have to. I broke a rule I didn't know I was breaking this year. Ended up I was completly in the ok, but they gave me and my landlord a threat of a huge fine. Take goverment money and see how many "rights" they are buying from you by doing so. I would bet that airport is as public as anywere.