• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

amazon being investigated?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
i read that amazon is being investigated by the FTC for,i think,restraint of trade and deceptive business practices. i have no idea if any of that is true. likely so but i thought bezos and his management are very woke. as such,they should be immune from any federal action. if true what did they do to piss off whom? some bureaucrats looking for a pay off like obama when he "went after" microsoft? think that was how he afforded his 2nd million $ mansion. anybody know anything?

it is. just wondering who in gov they pissed off. the gov does not care if their woke partners damage the citizenry. in fact we know what the goal of our gov is and protecting people is not it.

it is. just wondering who in gov they pissed off. the gov does not care if their woke partners damage the citizenry. in fact we know what the goal of our gov is and protecting people is not it.
Lisa Khan is a Marxist who has sworn to break up Amazon regardless of the result to the consumer. She wrote a number of papers on it in college. It's been said that she's destroyed the FTC, with many longtime lawyers leaving because of her inept management

Reactions: Animal357 and lash
probably a shakedown.....im sure with a few donations to certain "charities" all his legal troubles could go away....
Fleabay just got sued by the EPA for selling tuner parts and related software. Iffin I remember correctly, the settlement was 10 million or so.

Edit: the estimate for lawsuit is 1.9 BILLION

I don't think it's possible for a business to comply with every government regulation. I don't think the asshats that write the laws, regulations, standards, tax code, whatever could comply.

It's pretty simple.
Those who write the regulations, (they aren't laws) do not, ever, have to operate under them. It doesn't matter that they conflict with other regulations or actual laws.

Write the regs, levy the fines and make new, harder to follow ones every year.

Think about when you had to use tech orders. If you followed every one to the letter, you got caught in a cesspool with no exit and the actual job couldn't get done.

It's pretty simple.
Those who write the regulations, (they aren't laws) do not, ever, have to operate under them. It doesn't matter that they conflict with other regulations or actual laws.

Write the regs, levy the fines and make new, harder to follow ones every year.

Think about when you had to use tech orders. If you followed every one to the letter, you got caught in a cesspool with no exit and the actual job couldn't get done.

Always have it opened to the correct page.

Reactions: lash and Eddystone