• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazon Deleting Bad Reviews of Hillary's Book

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-steps-trump-supporters-trash-130010734.html

Amazon has been monitoring and deleting reviews after Hillary Clinton's new book was greeted with a torrent of criticism on the day it was released.

What Happened, which covers the former Secretary of State's unsuccessful election campaign against Donald Trump, was published on Tuesday. Clinton and her publisher Simon & Schuster claimed the book would offer a candid account of her failure and her own reflection on it.

Reviews of What Happened have been mixed, with some suggesting it Clinton uses it as an opportunity to blame others – such as Bernie Sanders and Vladimir Putin – for her failure, rather than herself. In The New York Times, which supported Clinton's campaign, Jennifer Senior writes that the book is "a score-settling jubilee".

The readers on Amazon, meanwhile, are even more divided – but not all of them have read the book. The online retail giant has a "verified purchase" option to signpost whether reviewers have bought a product, and none of the 42 reviewers leaving comments on Tuesday had done so.
3630375437d93859dea844ee65ad12b9

View photos Now-deleted one-star reviews of What HappenedMore
Few of the one-star reviews remain on the website, but reports and screengrabs show that reviewers used the space to criticise the former First Lady and spread conspiracy theories about her and Bill Clinton.

One one-star review, which remains on the website at the time of writing, reads: "Read all the promotional excerpts, which combined come close to book length – pretty good novel. It is fiction, isn't it? Surely, someone is playing a joke."

Amazon is rarely moved to delete reviews so publicly, although in November negative comments under a book by anti-Trump broadcaster Megyn Kelly appeared to be removed by the retailer.

Speaking to Fortune, a spokesperson from the company said: "In the case of a memoir, the subject of the book is the author and their views. It’s not our role to decide what a customer would view as helpful or unhelpful in making their decision. We do however have mechanisms in place to ensure that the voices of many do not drown out the voices of a few and we remove customer reviews that violate our community guidelines."

But, but, but, we must protect her. Riiiiiiiiight. There has never been a better time to be skeptical. Not quite ArmyJerry skeptical :)rolleyes:) but skeptical. Just say'n.

Amazon announced a policy about a year or so ago that non-verified purchasers could have their reviews deleted. It was pretty common for either someone to set up bot-reviews and/or have a product ripped apart by employees of a competing company. On those it was usually easy to tell because they would say how product A sucked but they tried product B and it was "oh so much better"..

it might have been 2 years ago (time flies) but it was in the news, something like 1 million "reviews" gone over night. The policy has been in place for awhile. I for one like it, reviews before were worthless.

I am sure none of those reviewers bought nor read the book. And from a total review stand point their comments are useless regarding the content of the book.. Ugh check that, Apalegreenhorse probably hit the nail on the head.

ive stopped buying shit on amazon anyways....too much counterfeit shit being sold as legit articles.....and they have no qualms about selling cheap chinese knockoffs.....ide rather not support a company like that.

What a predicament: line their pockets in order to deride her lies.

also.....looks like they are removing all reviews not 5 stars..........5 stars with 474 reviews.......either this is the best book ever written.....or something is fucked.
rE2nldy.png

so yeah....Fuck amazon......bunch of Cunts

not to mention that all of the 5 star reviews written are PAINFULLY fake....they honestly sound like the same person wrote all of them.

Last edited:
also.....looks like they are removing all reviews not 5 stars..........5 stars with 474 reviews.......either this is the best book ever written.....or something is fucked.

not to mention that all of the 5 star reviews written are PAINFULLY fake....they honestly sound like the same person wrote all of them.

Do you believe a Lawrence Welk fan buys a Led Zeppelin boxed set?

These friggen book deals all these politicians get anyway are nothing but work arounds of campaign finance laws.

They get these mega book deals to write their "memoirs" for millions of dollars and two weeks later the crappy books are in the $.99 bin at the dollar store and they are writing off the "gift" of their books to various organizations and charities or strong arming donors into "buying" multiple copies of their drivel in exchange for favors.

I wasn't going to post about it until I saw the same thing when I looked into it.
5 stars or no stars. Bullshit.
Yes, I know about their policies, and I do agree that people should use the product or read the book before commenting. I am seriously doubting all of those glowing reviews qualify any more so than the negative ones did.

These friggen book deals all these politicians get anyway are nothing but work arounds of campaign finance laws...

Then why bother with a book, the Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global Initiative were a money laundering front that made what Pablo Escobar and El Chapo Guzman did look like a bake sale.

You all really ought to have a little empathy. Can you imagine the number of books ol’ Jeffery had to buy on a pre-sold basis?

Homeboy has already had to slash the asking money by 90%. Deleting your slag reviews and pumping up the volume on positive bot reviews - last ditch effort not to re-brand this turd as Fire Kindling and sell it by the pound.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...lashes-hillarys-book-price-40-it-hits-shelves

I'm siding with Amazon in this case. It's annoying when trolls give negative reviews on products they didn't even purchase for no reason other than just to be dicks. I rely pretty heavily on product reviews when I buy things online.

I wasn't going to post about it until I saw the same thing when I looked into it.
5 stars or no stars. Bullshit.
Yes, I know about their policies, and I do agree that people should use the product or read the book before commenting. I am seriously doubting all of those glowing reviews qualify any more so than the negative ones did.

I mean no disrespect but do you really think anyone but a flaming liberal is buy/reading the book. Like asking a Catholic what they think of the bible.

None taken, and your points are valid. Nonetheless, there has to be some 40% Bernie / 60% Hillary supporters out there who are reading the book and not finding it to be 5 star worthy.

None taken, and your points are valid. Nonetheless, there has to be some 40% Bernie / 60% Hillary supporters out there who are reading the book and not finding it to be 5 star worthy.

Hmm, you want to give hillary 4 stars. Your estate is "in order" i hope.

Then why bother with a book, the Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global Initiative were a money laundering front that made what Pablo Escobar and El Chapo Guzman did look like a bake sale.

Because when you are a Clinton there is never enough money or power and you would even stoop so low as to ass ream Haitian people left with nothing after a devastating earthquake.

Because when you are a Clinton there is never enough money or power and you would even stoop so low as to ass ream Haitian people left with nothing after a devastating earthquake.

Funny, sad and true all at the same time.