• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing ambidextrous rifle stocks

mrwiggins

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
Louisiana
hey guys,
i plan to build a rifle in the near future, and i'm a lefty. i'd like to see what ambidextrous stock options there are. if you guns have some reccomendations please post them. Thanks in advance

Re: ambidextrous rifle stocks

I'm a lefty and have used stocks from Mcmillan, Manner, AICS, B&C and HS but I perfer the AICS and the Manners T4. Most of the vertical grip stocks are ambi.

James

I've noticed that myself. i like a vertical grip style stock, and i've just been researching the acis. i've also been looking at these stocks mcree stocks. what i mean is i like the idea of these stocks, i need to put hands on one. i'm building a hunting rifle, so stock weight is a concern, would these stocks be ok for hunting purpose or are they too heavy?

The AICS stock is fairly heavy at somewhere around 4.5 lbs and is a stock you would want to put your hands on as they are love-hate kind of stock, for a mid weight vertical grip I like the manners stocks like the T4 which is around 2.5 lbs and they can make it lighter or heavier. You might also look at the B&C light tactical. In a remington contour barrel most of these stocks are going to give a 9 lbs or heavier rifle.

James

i still have a ton of research to do. i need to find someone in louisiana with this stuff so i can put hands on it to help me decide.