• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Ambidextrous safety for SIG 238?

Sandman0077

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2013
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Hey guns, I'm picking up a Sig 238 in the coming weeks and was looking into getting an ambidextrous safety for it, but I've only found one guy who makes them, and I'd have to send it in to be done. I'd rather just do it myself or done locally. The 238 is a clone of the Colt Mustang, so would the colt ambidextrous safety work on the Sig?

Any other options available? If possible, I'd love to get extended safeties, but I've only seen them for right handed setup a.

Hey Sandman,
We can get you the Ambi safeties from Sig if you are still looking.
E-mail us through my profile if we can help you.

Just an FYI, certain models of the P238 have ambidextrous safeties like the newest Scorpion models:
P238 Scorpion

New from SIG SAUER®, the latest offering in the Scorpion family, this P238 shares the same Flat Dark Earth, custom finish as the 1911, P220®, P226® and P229® versions. Hogue® Piranha G-10 grips provide an exceptional grip as well as a distinctive appearance. A new ambidextrous safety is standard. It’s just a fraction of the size of our full-size pistols. A smart looking, small handgun built with the same accuracy and reliability as large frame SIG SAUER pistols. With an overall length of just 5.5 inches a height of 3.96 inches, and weighing just 15.2 ounces, the SIG SAUER P238 is the ultimate firepower in an all metal frame concealed pistol. The P238 is built on an anodized alloy beavertail style frame with a flat dark earth finish, Hogue® Piranha G-10 grips with matching G-10 main spring housing. The stainless steel slide features the popular trademarked SIG SAUER slide serrations, flat dark earth finish and SIGLITE® Night Sights. 7 round extended magazine.

Specifications are subject to change.